Thursday, February 2, 2012

Wednesday Dinner 2/1/2012




Good morning and happy Thursday!! Hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend. This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was so disappointing!!!!! So my original plan was to go to dinner with my good friend Jesse but Jesse got stuck at work doing over time so that was a no go! So by the time I looked at the clock it was damn near 8:30pm and I was just getting to dinner, I never eat that late but ehh well shit happens. Anyway, so I decided I would give "FreeBirds" (http://freebirds.com/) a try. I heard about them and seen them around, what I really wanted to try was their fish taco but the location I went to didn't have fish! This was the 1st of my many disappointments! I went to the location on Jefferson & Figueroa and parking over there is for the birds. Good thing there is a parking lot in the back! So I walked in and noticed it was very colorful inside! The menu is very straight forward but very Chipotle like! However they do offer a few different things like (flavored tortillas, queso sauce, mixed cheese and different sized burritos). They are a little cheaper than Chipotle also. So once I noticed they didn't have fish I should have walked out but I decided to give it a try and here is what I ate:

Chicken Salad

My chicken salad came with ranch dressing, chicken, cheese, corn mixture, black beans, tomatoes, spring mixture of lettuce and sour cream. The salad was pretty big and I didn't finish it all. The total for the salad came up to $7.06 which wasn't bad at all. So I took my salad home, but getting out of the parking lot was a process. Apparently the pay machine was down and everyone got free parking last night!!!!! SCORE!!! So I got home and it was time to eat! So the salad smelled really good but ummmm it wasn't at all!!!!! The chicken kind of had a funny taste to it, there was barely any ranch dressing on the salad so I had to use my own. The salad was just definitely missing something, I finished about half of the salad and I was done. Maybe I need to give them a try again and try something else who knows. The set up in there was very college like. No one had on uniforms and everyone was wearing a baseball hat?? Not sure what that was all about and my salad bowl didn't have a plastic top they covered it with foil. Anyway I wouldn't recommend "FreeBirds" to anyone because I was very disappointed. If you would like to be a "Wednesday Dinner" free spirit drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesday dinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "God gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason....... Listen more talk less" until next week -Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment