Thursday, November 12, 2009

Wednesday Dinner 11/11/09
















Goooood Morning! I am so well rested its ridiculous! I went to bed at 9pm, which is a first for me in a long time. Anyway I hope you all are doing well and are looking forward to something positive in your life. This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was all about reflections, inspirations, friends and family. This week I was on a solo tip, for the simple fact that this week marks my 20th blog! Which means I have been blogging and doing dinners for 20 weeks, that's crazy. I am so glad to be consistent with this and thanks to all the people who have and are following my blog, and I can't forget about all the people this far that I've had dinner with (thanks to you guys too). This is just the beginning and there is plenty more to come! So let the "Wednesday Dinner" story begin. I was so on the fence with what I wanted to eat because I couldn't figure out what I had a taste for. So yesterday I was in limbo with that for a long time, after I left work I stopped by my Uncle Mickey's house (Brittany & Mikey's Dad) because my cousin Mark was babysitting my God Daughter Skye (Dominick's Daughter). I was excited to see her and she was excited to see me! I hadn't seen her in a minute, so it was good to see my little baby. She is getting so big and talking so well at 3 years old! She is HILARIOUS and of course oh so dramatic, bouncing of the walls, screaming, playing and I guess clearly being a kid ( I love her). After I was there for a while my cousin Brittany came by followed by Uncle Mickey and then Mikey came home. It was so good to see my family, I spent a little more time and then I peaced out. On my way home I was holding a very interesting conversation with my best friend Tiffany and I swear, we have a relationship that only the two of us understand. She told me she was waiting for her daughters father to get a hair cut, so I decided to pop up on her. But the funny part is she saw me before I could surprise her. So we chit chatted for about 30 minutes and then I went home. When I got home I was still undecided with what I wanted to eat, so I pitter pattered around the house for a minute and then it came to me. I decided I wanted to eat "Okie Dog". If you grew up in LA then you are familiar with "Okie Dog". Located on Pico down the street from Roscoe's. "Okie Dog" has been around forever, I was raised on the food there. It's one of my dad's favorite spots, so here is what I ate:

Pastrami Burrito (chilli, pastrami, cabbage, bell peppers, onions and I get mine with cheese)
French Fries

"Okie Dog" is one of those neighbor classic places, and unfortunately they don't have a website. They have all kids of good, greasy and fatty foods. From chilli cheese hot dogs and fries, burgers, teriyaki bowls all kinds of stuff. When you go inside they have pictures of all the Famous people who have stopped by. As much as I love "Okie Dog" I would never eat my food there, its not located in one of the safest neighborhoods. I was so hungry that I ate most of my fries on the way home, the one thing I do love about "Okie Dog" is that the food is so hot that by the time I got home is was still warm. The burrito is HUGE and big enough for two people, of course I only ate half of mine and it was DELISH to the last bite. Most people wouldn't eat all of that stuff together in a burrito but I say "Don't knock it until to try it". After eating that I was extremely full and ready to call it a night. But I had a taste for something sweet, so I decided to go to "Lucy's" and get a Strawberry Malt. OMG so good! Lucy's is another neighborhood classic if you grew up in LA! So after that it was lights out for your girl. All in all dinner was DELISH my day and time was well spent. If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" order form drop me a line ashleymarie729@gmail.com. In closing I would like to just say THANK YOU again to everyone who reads and supports my blog. To all of those who have experienced "Wednesday Dinner" and to all of those who are going to experience "Wednesday Dinner". You guys are the BEST and the support is so appreciated, please spread the word and tell people to tell people to check out my blog. On that note, until next week See ya- Ashley.

No comments:

Post a Comment