Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 2/17/10

Good Morning my loves and Happy Thursday!!!!!!! The week is almost over but we know that doesn't mean our work is done. This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was very simple and straight forward so let the "Wednesday Dinner" story begin. Yesterday it was so beautiful here in LA so I was in the mood for some BarBQue and because I am a Inglewood native there was only one place to go "Phillips" on Centinela (all my Inglewood folks clap for that, hahaha). "Phillips" BarBQue has been around for a long time and its located right next door to my favorite cheesecake place "Harriet’s". "Phillips" is usually crowded on the weekends and sometimes during the week but yesterday I got lucky because there was no line which means I didn't have to wait long. They have the menu posted outside and inside and I noticed that they aren't participating in any recession friendly deals on their BarBQue. Their prices rang from $9.37 for a sandwich to $17.00 for a combination plate, so here is what I had:


Beef Hot Links
Potato Salad
BarBQue Beans


It came to a total of $10.33 which wasn't bad for the amount of food I got. The only problem I have is that the sides are very small but hey I didn't even finish all of my food anyway. The links were sliced and soaked in sauce; there were probably about 15 slices on my plate. Of course you can't enjoy the BarBQue from "Phillips" without the 2 slices of white bread. "Phillips" BarBQue isn't like your typical BarBQue isn't not sweet and/or sticky like most people are used too, its very saucy and they have 3 different flavors (which I didn't know about) Regular, Mild and Hot. The food was good and I had enough for left over’s which is always a plus in my book. So it was only right that since I was getting food right next door from "Harriet’s" I stop by and get a slice of cheesecake, so here is what I got:

Praline Cheesecake

Before I go in on the cheesecake, let me just say that I love, love, love "Harriet’s" but the Praline cheesecake just didn't do it for me. Maybe it was because there were too many nuts and the tasted more like almonds than Pralines, I'm not sure but I won't be eating that flavor again. All in all dinner was good and I went to bed FULL. Neither "Phillips" or Harriet’s have a website but they can be googled but if you know like I know you know where they are! Dinner wasn't to interesting this week because I am in the first week of studying for the BIGGEST test of my career, but next week I'll be sure to bring the heat! If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" frontline drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter, www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "It's not how much money you make, its you do with the money you make". Until next week, that's it & that's all - Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment