Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 7/21/10


Good Morning Dolls!!!! Its Thursday, the weekend has officially begun so let's gooooooo! I am so excited my birthday is in exactly one week. I will be 28 on the 29th and I feel so blessed and I am truly in love with my life, thanks to everyone who has been a part of my journey this far!!! This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was at one of my favorite sushi places. I experienced the taste of sushi 10 years ago when I was a senior in high school, although I can't remember the name of the place I do remember that I tried the world famous "California Roll" and fell in love with it. Since then I've loved sushi and have eaten it a few places but my all time favorite place for sushi is "Kabuki" (http://www.kabukirestaurants.com/), I always go to the "Kabuki" in Los Angeles located at the Howard Hughes Bridge and I have always had great service and have never been disappointed with my food and yesterday was no different, well let me hold that thought! I was happy to know that "Kabuki" now has Happy Hour (Mon-Fri. from 3pm-6pm), in my opinion that is huge for this restaurant. It appears that a lot of restaurants are following this Happy Hour trend and it seems to be working. I also appreciate the fact that you can enjoy the benefits of Happy Hour with out dining at the bar. The Happy Hour at "Kabuki" is pretty dope with menu selections starting as low as $2.95 and nothing over $5.95 and with alcoholic beverages starting as low as $1.95 and nothing over $6.75 which is pretty damn good. Yesterday I ate alone and I am really starting to dig this solo dining thing, its pretty fun. I went to "Kabuki" right when I got off work because I didn't want to mess around and miss Happy Hour, I arrived around 4:30pm and it was clear that there were plenty of folks there enjoying the benefits of Happy Hour. I didn't have to wait I was seated as soon as I got in the door, it was funny because I sat in the exact same place I sat when I was there with my sisters 2 weekends ago (coincidence? maybe). When I sat down I viewed the menu and I was ready to order. "Kabuki" gives you the option to fill out your sushi order slip however I couldn't because I didn't have a pen. It took about 8 minutes for someone to come over and get my drink and food order and I was shocked because I've always received prompt service at "Kabuki" but in their defense they were pretty crowded. So it was time to order and here is what I ate:


BBQ Beef Rib Appetizer
Spicy Tuna Roll
Philadelphia Roll
Tempura California Roll
Water with Lemon

Ok, I know that's a lot of food but if you know me you know that I didn't finish all my food, my eyes have always been bigger than my stomach and I really just like to taste a variety of food. While I was waiting for my food my server brought out some Edamame (I think their Japanese peas). However they are so good and if you’re not careful you can eat the whole dish before your food comes (I almost did). First my BBQ Beef Ribs came out, nice and hot over an arugula spring mix. These ribs are one of my favorite things to order, they were very tender and not over saturated with bbq sauce, the right amount of everything they are really DELISH-IS! Next my sushi came and that’s when it was really time to get excited! On one dish the spicy tuna and philadelphia roll and on the other dish was the tempura california roll. OMG that was a lot of food at a table for one person but hey I wasn't trippin. The spicy tuna was on point, very fresh and spicy, the philadelphia roll was amazing also the salmon was fresh and the tempura california roll was also amazing I was so pleased and stuffed. Over dinner I noticed I have a serious problem! I have a tendency to stare at people; I guess I can officially call myself a people watcher (ha-ha). But there was a lot of interesting sights in "Kabuki" yesterday. My total for my food came up to $20.63 and here is the break down (BBQ Beef Appetizer $7.95, Spicy Tuna Roll $2.95, Philadelphia Roll $2.95, Tempura California Roll $4.95, and $1.83 for tax). Now had I not gone to Happy Hour my total would have been $26.23 (tax included) so I saved about $5.60 which is pretty good. I was totally stuffed when I left "Kabuki" I definitely had a food baby in my belly. My food was DELISH-IS and well worth it!!! If you are not familiar with "Kabuki" get familiar it’s such a cute little place for dates, group gatherings, etc. and its one of my favorite sushi places. If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" drill team drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this “I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it" until next week love always Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment