Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 7/7/10

Good Morning my loves and happy Thursday!!!!!!!! And so we have all made it to the end of another week! Thank you so very much for tuning into another one of my blogs!! If you have been following me from the beginning then you know that today marks my 1 year anniversary of blogging! I want to take this time to sincerely thank everyone who has been a part of "Wednesday Dinner with Ash" from the restaurants, to my quest, to everyone who reads my blog ,I want to say "Thank you, thank you, you’re far to kind". Now with that being said, let the "Wednesday Dinner" story begin, yesterday I was on a solo mission I was feeling a little excited and tired at the same time. Excited because I can't believe I've been at this blogging thing for a year and tired because I got some not so good news yesterday but the day turned so big ups to the universe for looking out for me! So I decided I wanted to go some place new that maybe just opened or hadn't been open that long because there was a sense of relatedness there with a new food place and my blog. I remember my 1st blog entry (http://wednesdaydinnerwithash.blogspot.com/2009/07/wednesday-dinner-7809.html) I remember having so much to say and being so hyped that I was pushing myself to be this "self proclaimed food critic" and now 51 blogs later I am still eating and blogging. I had been to "Kalbi Burger" (http://kalbiburger.com/) a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it, I actually blogged about it on my 2 other blogs (http://weareallovercali.blogspot.com/) and (http://www.allashleymarie.blogspot.com/). I decided I would go back again. Located in Korea Town off of Wilshire, "Kalbi Burger" is a cute little burger place with a Korean twist on an American classic. With its cute and posh decor inside you can't help but to be attracted to the oar inside. With menu options from burgers to hot dogs, there is something for everyone. On "Kalbi Burger's" website they advertise that they are known for their "Lulu Burger" so here is what I had:


Lulu Burger Combo

The Lulu Burger was topped with swiss cheese, bacon, pineapple, lettuce, tomato and Lulu sauce, in my opinion a very Korean-esc spin on a hamburger. It came with french fries and a drink, on the website "Kalbi Burger" also has a 10% off coupon if you sign up for email notifications you get the coupon. So of course I did and I presented my coupon, my total was $8.95-.89=$8.06+tax for a total of $8.84 which wasn't bad. Yesterday "Kalbi Burger" wasn't as crowded as it was the first time I had been there. It took about 7 minutes for my food to come out and it was freshly prepared. "Kalbi Burger" prepares all their burgers medium well unless instructed otherwise. The Lulu burger was pretty big, I didn't realize how hungry I was until I looked up and I was on my last bite. This was a good combination of flavor from the patty to the bacon, to the swiss cheese oozing out of the sides to the pineapple giving it that fresh taste. Although the Lulu sauce was hidden somewhere in the burger, I had to ask for a side of it to get the flavor. It taste like a brown sugar soy sauce mix, extremely thin and in my opinion should be a lot thicker in order to stick to the burger and really get what the Lulu sauce is all about. The french fries where average not seasoning just your regular order of fries, for what I paid I got more than enough food because when I was done eating I was stuffed. I highly recommend "Kalbi Burger" it’s a cute date spot or just a place to go and grab a quick bite to eat and the service is good too! Over dinner I took a moment to reflect on all my blogs and my life as a blogger (hahahaha) and I really enjoy what I am doing and I will continue. Once again thank you for reading my blog and Happy Anniversary baby we did it!!!! (hahaha). If you would like to join the "Wednesday Dinner" celebration drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "Stop yappin and make it happen" until next week xoxoxoxoxox- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment