Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wednesday Dinner 6/15/2011

Hello and good morning, I hope you all are having a great day and preparing for an amazing summer. So Shameka and I are 2 for 2 with Wednesday dinner, however I think I might band Shameka from picking out food places because this choice did not impress me. Shameka had been trying to get to "Casablanca"(http://casablancarestaurant.net/). She was telling me how good the food was and we should go, so we did. "Casablanca" is tucked on a corner off of Lincoln in the Marina, its very old Mexican very Casablanca like the movie. So we arrived and it was pretty crowded, they placed us in a awkward table in the middle (epic fail) so as soon as a both became available we moved. It was Shameka, myself and Shameka's daughter Khaliah. We were served fresh, hot and home made flour tortillas accompanied by a green salsa. This salsa was DELISH it also had pieces of cheese in it, amazing. So it was time to order and we started with:

Shameka- Cadillac Margarita
Ashley- Mango Margarita
Shrimp Ceviche Tostada

The tostada was DELISH it was very fresh and had plenty of shrimp on it. The only bad thing is it makes the tostada shell soggy if you don't eat it fast enough. Next it was time to order dinner and we had:

Khaliah- Cheese Quesadilla
Shameka- Combination #10 (Two Enchilada Suizas (Chicken, Cheese, Onion, Green Sauce, and Sour Cream)
Ashley- Grande Burrito with Chicken (Stuffed with Beans, Lettuce, Onions, Tomatoes & Topped with Red Sauce and Melted Cheese)

It seems like it took almost forever for the food to come out and between the tortillas and the ceviche I was FULL!! Finally the food came out and mine appeared to look good but it really wasn't. The best thing on the plate was the rice and beans. The burrito was HUGE and I wanted to cry because I don't like wasting food. Anyway I didn't get a chance to taste Shameka's food or Khaliah's. I think all of us were FULL. Over dinner Shameka and I talked but Khaliah did most of the entertaining and talking. That little girl is too funny!! So since we all were full it was time to be out. The bill came out and I damn near passed out $88.00 HUH? For what?!?!? This place was NOT worth that. The food wasn't that great so I will NOT being going back. What I did like was the atmosphere and they had a live musician, it was very dim and romantic. And as we were leaving I smelled a aroma and it was amazing I think it was shirmp or fish but whatever it was I wish I would have ordered it! I would only recommended Casablanca if you want to over pay for Mexican food, and with that being said Shameka is on "Wednesday Dinner" probation. But anyway if you would like to take a "Wednesday Dinner" ride drop me a line wedenesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter, www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner . In closing I would like to leave you with this "Before you talk listen. Before you act think. Before you criticize wait. Before you pray forgive. Before you quit try" Until next week MUAH- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment