Friday, June 10, 2011

Wednesday Dinner 6/8/2011



WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know its been a minute and I know I've been slacking but I'm baaaaaacccck. So let me just get right on in to the "Wednesday Dinner". This week I went to dinner with my dear friend Shameka and maybe I shouldn't call it dinner, it was more like Happy Hour, well hell it was Happy Hour. Shameka had been urging me to try the Happy Hour at "The Cheesecake Factory" (http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/). Shameka knows I am NOT a huge fan of "The Cheesecake Factory" I prefer The Grand Lux. "The Cheesecake Factory" has like 100 menu pages and I personally think they are over priced. However I decided to give this Happy Hour a try......Shameka did most of the ordering. The bar area was not full at all considering we arrived right at 4pm when Happy Hour started, we were pressed for time so we had to order and eat fast, here is what we had:

Fried Calamari
Spinach & Cheese Dip
Buffalo Blast
House Salad

I was afraid to drink a alcoholic beverage because I had been coming off one of the worst hangovers I had in a while. So I was taking it easy, I ordered water. Shameka ordered J.W.'s Pink Lemonade, Coke and Water. It didn't take long for the food to come out, first up the fried calamari. Ok so you really can't go wrong with calamari, unless its burnt. Next the buffalo blast, its like buffalo chicken and cheese wrapped in something and then fried served with ranch. It wasn't to bad it was a little heavy on my stomach tho. Next the spinach and cheese dip, lets just say BOOOOORING! It was really bland and the chips were kind of hard!!! And lastly the house salad, I needed a salad to balance what I was eating because I was starting to feel sick, I mean you can't mess up a salad. All in all the food was good, the one thing I will say is there was enough food for 3 people. The Happy Hour pricing it pretty cheap with most appetizers at the $5/$6 range. Shameka and I chit chatted over the food but like I mentioned we were pressed for time. I'm still stuck on not really fooling with "The Cheesecake Factory" but maybe I'll visit Happy Hour again, MAYBE. Thanks Shameka for the date, hahahaha! If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" dating scene drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on twitter, www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I want to leave you with this "Don't murder someone who is already committing suicide". Until next week, muuuuuuaaaaah -Ashley.

No comments:

Post a Comment