Thursday, October 22, 2009

Wednesday Dinner 10/21/09






















Good Morning! Friday is slowly approaching (Woohoo)! I hope everyone is having a positive and productive week! This week I was able to stick to my plans for dinner again, so it looks like I'm 2 for 2. The plan was for all of my cousins to meet and have dinner in honor of Shelby's birthday, Shelby's actual birthday isn't until Saturday but we decided to get the party started early. Unfortunately Brittany and Mikey couldn't make, I think Mikey was having something at his Fire Station and Brittany was with him. I don't know what happened to Dominick, but as usual the show must go on. Shelby, Melissa, Marc, Brandon (Shelby's bff) and I all went to dinner. Since it was all about Shelby last night I decided to let her pick where she wanted to eat. so let the "Wednesday Dinner" story began. Shelby wanted to go to Natalie Thai (http://www.nataleethai.com/index.htm), for months she had been telling me I need to go there and blog about it so I was down with that. I am not big on Thai food but I have a few Thai places that I love to go to when I am in the mood for Thai food. We all planned to meet at Natalie Thai at 7pm which was pretty early for me since I had been doing dinner so late for the past couple of weeks, but I was glad to be getting back to my early schedule. Natalie Thai has 2 locations, one in Beverly Hills and one in Venice. We went to the on on Venice since it was closer for everybody. On the outside Natalie Thai looks very hip and clean, however there is a disclaimer Shelby forgot to tell us ("They got a B") oh Shelby is what I was thinking in my head. Inside its also very hip and cute but the service isn't. Our waitress was a complete piece of work and I was highly irritated with the service we where given! We were all ready to eat and order once we got there, I wasn't aware that Natalie Thai serves Sushi because its not on their website but we started with some sushi and drinks:

Philadelphia Roll
Natalie Thai Jazz Roll
2 Shrimp Tempura Rolls
California Roll
Ashley& Melissa- Pina Colada's
Marc- Blue Hawaiian

I was in so much shock last night at the actions of our waitress, I will not put her name on blast but I will say that I will NEVER be going back to that Natalie Thai again! It seemed like she was over whelmed with taking our orders, Shelby and I ordered Sushi first and about 10 minutes later Melissa ordered some more Sushi, I took about 10 minutes for Shelby and I to get our Sushi and 30 minutes for her to bring out Melissa's (that's just ridiculous!) that was strike one!. The Sushi there is DELISH, they put a spin on their rolls they make them from the inside out. For example a Philadelphia roll usually has the salmon on the inside, they put the salmon on the outside. The drinks Melissa & I has were DELSIH too, the Pina Colada was good and served in a little coconut cup with an umbrella. It was time to order and here is what we had:

Ashley- Pad Thai Noodles-Thai spaghetti, pure and simple! Noodles, shrimp, chicken, egg, green onion
Shelby-Pad Thai Noodles- Thai spaghetti, pure and simple! Noodles, shrimp, chicken, egg, green onion
Brandon- Lampang Chow Mein-Beef, pork or chicken with chow mein noodles and vegetables
Marc- Spicy Monsoon Noodles- Plenty of flat noodles with mint leaves and choice of chicken, beef or pork
Melissa-Thai BBQ Pork-sweetly flavored, garlic crusted BBQ pork
Ashley, Shelby & Melissa- Heavenly Combo-Fried rice with shrimp, chicken, beef, onion, egg, tomato, pea and carrot

OK so here was another issue I had with the waitress, in the middle of ordering Melissa asked her to come back to her (meaning take Marc & Brandon's order, since Shelby & I had already ordered). It was obvious that she didn't know what Melissa meant because she just walked away? Who the hell does that?? So I had to get the attention of the hostess to ask her to send our waitress back over. When our waitress came back over she stated she thought Melissa said come back to all of them, huh? That was strike two! When our food came out and it was piping hot but I noticed Melissa's food was no where to be found, so 5 minutes went by no food for Melissa, 10 minutes went by still no food for Melissa, 15 minutes went by still no food for Melissa. The waitress came over and asked if we needed anything, and Melissa's like well wheres my food? Apparently the waitress didn't here Melissa's order (HUH?!?!) then she gave us some sort of hand jester to emphasize she didn't here Melissa. Melissa asked her to put the order in anyway, that was strike three for that waitress and three strikes your ass is out! During dinner we just goofed off and had plenty of jokes and laughs! Shelby's best friend Brandon is like me and Melissa's little brother so we always have fun with him and Marc is funny too! So all in all it was a good time. Luckily by the time Melissa's food came out we were still eating, but there was something fishy or should I say funky about Melissa's food. The Pork was served with some dipping sauce that smelled like (BooBoo), really it smelled like a fart and I just couldn't get with that! In my opinion the food was average not the best Thai Food I've had but it was all about Shelby, I just have to double check her choices next time. Dinner came to a grand total of $126.04, I was happy that there was only 5 of us and not 6 because the waitress would have got an automatic tip and I would've been upset about that! Melissa and I had planned to spilt the bill but our cousin Marc was kind enough to spilt it with us(Thanks Marc!!!). Melissa and Marc wanted to leave her a tip and ya'll know how I do with tipping! I believe in good customer service and if you can't be good at that then find another job, call in sick, or take a vacation. I hadn't had service this bad since that fiasco at Red Lobster, so to me Natalie Thai is running neck in neck Red Lobster as places I will never go again! The only plus to last night was that I was with people I love and the food was alright, unfortunately this week we didn't do dessert :-( . I was ready to get out of there and I didn't want to give them any more of my money and plus we were all to full. The Pina Colada Melissa and I had were actually sweet enough for the both of us, I think dessert would have been to much. If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" roster or have any suggestions on where I should go drop me a line ashleymarie729@gmail.com. In closing I would like to talk about Shelby: Almost 17 years ago Shelby was born and from then on my life has changed. I was never really into to babies or children but she changed that. She was my little baby and I have helped my parents raise her, as a child she was so cute, caring and filled with so much personality. She has always had a heart of gold and I am so very proud of her! I have watched her grow into a lovely young lady and I am so blessed, thankful and grateful to have experienced life with her. As she prepares for college and finishes her senior year I am in awe and at times speechless because I am amazed at the wonderful things she is accomplishing. She is more than my sister she is one of my best friends and one of the flyest Seniors I know. So thank you Shelby, you have taught me so much and I love you!!! Happy Birthday Boo! Until next week, Sayanora-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment