Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wednesday Dinner 10/7/09





























Hey ya'll and Happy Thursday!!! Another week almost complete for those of us who work 5 days straight (Wooohooo). I hope everyone is feeling good and looking forward to something positive and exciting this weekend. This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was very special to me, I got a chance to have dinner with one of my favorite women. My big cousin Chanel! For the people who know me you all know the relationship Chanel and I have and for those who don't here's a brief description: Chanel has been in my life since I was 10 years old, she started off doing my hair and she still does, her and my mom were pregnant at the same time, Chanel's daughter Taelor and my baby sister Shelby are 10 days apart. Chanel has always been like a big sister to me since I don't have one, and last year she got married and my sisters and I where in her wedding. Chanel and I have been through so many things together and we have both helped and watched each other grow over the years. She has always supported my choices in life even she didn't agree with them. She has also given me some great advice over the years and she always makes it a point to say "I love you" when we get off the phone. Thank you for it all Ms. Chanel and I love you too. Chanel was so excited we were going to dinner and so was I, so let the "Wednesday Dinner" story began. Chanel and I were stuck between two different places this week, but we both decided to follow our first minds and go with what I would say was a great choice. Although we didn't get to have dinner until 8:30pm, which is a little late but it was still a great time none the less. So Chanel and I met at TART ( http://www.tartrestaurant.com/). TART is located in the Fairfax/Farmer's Market/Grove area. TART is a very simple looking restaurant from the outside and inside, the decor is very home style which is cool because it goes along with the food. From pizza to pasta, chicken to steak, fries to mashed potatoes, burgers to sandwiches, they have what I would call "comfort food with a twist". The restaurant wasn't crowded but it wasn't empty either, there were a couple of people having a late dinner mostly in groups of two. The atmosphere at TART is very laid back, which is great because sometimes you just want to go and eat dinner and not put on all the fancies. When we arrived at TART I was so hungry, I really hadn't eaten a full meal yesterday because I was looking forward to dinner, with plenty of appetizers and entrees to choose from I knew my choice was going to be a tough one but after talking to the waiter and getting his opinion of what was good we were finally ready to order and here is what we had:

2 glasses of Pinot Grigio
Chanel- Tart Salad
Ashley- Potato Soup
Chanel- Blackend Chicken Penne Pasta
Ashley- Shrimp & Spinach Pizza

I have to say that Chanel and I were both please with our food choices, personally my Potato soup was DELISH. I love soup its one of my favorite things to eat when it starts getting cold, so I was excited and pleased with the Potato soup. Chanel loved her before dinner salad and it looked really good I was just to into my soup to get a bite of her salad. Then it was time for dinner to come out, I must say that the timing was perfect on getting the food out to us. It wasn't to soon after we ate our soup and salad and we weren't waiting extremely long either. Dinner came out and the food was pipping hot, which in my opinion is a plus there is nothing worse than getting cold food when eating out. The portions of food where big, well at least big to me because my eyes are always bigger than my stomach. My pizza was actually big enough for two people, I didn't finish it all but I will finish the rest for lunch today. Chanel's pasta was big enough for one with a little left over for a snack today. Chanel didn't get a chance to taste my pizza because she doesn't eat seafood, however I got to taste her paste and it was YUMMY! Over dinner we talked about so many things: Shelby and Taelor going off to college, Taelor's Cotillion, family, marriage, work, and just all around everyday life happenings. On a side note Congratulations to Chanel's best friend Geenia, she's getting married and I just found out last night! Wooohooo another wedding and another couple to live happily ever after, I wish them the best! Talking to Chanel is always easy and comforting. Last night was very laid back, we laughed not to hard and not to little. Sometimes as women we need to be around another women who make us feel comfortable and make it easy just to be you, so thanks for last night Chanel. The night was coming to an end but not before we ordered dessert, TART has so many good looking desserts to choose from since we were both full it didn't make any since for us both to get a dessert so we shared:

S'mores Ice Cream Pie

This pie was like something I never tasted before, its like a S'more with ice cream with out all the mess and stickiness. I am not sure about anyone else but I love S'mores and I love ice cream so that was a win win for me. Chanel and I did real damage to our dessert and there was nothing left, we both agreed that pie was DELISH! Last nights dinner came to a grand total of $71.67, which isn't bad for 2 people who both had an alcoholic beverage, appetizer, entree and dessert. I will definitely be going back to TART, but next time I will try breakfast. Also on another side note this week and next week is LA Dine Week ( http://discoverlosangeles.com/play/dining/restaurantweek/participating_restaurants.html). LA Dine week is a chance for people to experience higher end restaurants at a lower end price, check out the website. If you would like the "Wednesday Dinner" train to pick you up or if you have any suggestions, drop me a line ashleymarie729@gmail.com. In closing I would like to talk about haters, a hater is defined as a person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person. We have all experienced Haters in our life time, some of us were being hated on before the term Hater was created and some of us have been hating on others before you even knew you were being called a Hater. Either way it is never a good thing to be so consumed with what someone else is doing. With hard work, faith, and dedication you can have just as much if not more than the next person. So before you start hating on someone, stop, think and be happy for them and figure out how you can get what they got! And for the people who are getting Hated on "Let you Haters, be your motivators". Until next week- TTYL- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment