Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wednesday Dinner 9/30/09





































Greetings everyone! I just realized 09 is almost over, wow buddy. Another year gone by to quickly! Anyway you know I'm a little tired but the show must go on. Yesterday was just "One of those days" for me, I had a night on Tuesday that's one of those nights you have when something exciting or interesting happens & the next day your all tired and what not. However in my case nothing exciting or interesting happened. It was just a mess, but on a lighter note I am feeling much better this morning. So I was on the fence yesterday with what I wanted to do or eat. My original plan was to go to the Trey Songz concert with my home girl Tati but we didn't get a chance to go, then I was going to see a movie but I was so tired yesterday there was no way I was going to be able to stay awake through a movie. So then I figured I would see if Shelby wanted to go out since shes working now she can afford to hang out (HAHA). So I invited Shelby & her best friend Maya to dinner, its so funny how history is repeating itself through Shelby for me. When I was in high school I had (and still do have) a best friend named Miya, that's so crazy to me. Shelby & Maya remind me so much of me & my Miya its just to funny! I was still on the fence with what I had a taste for, there was one place I kept thinking about so instead of thinking anymore I decided to follow my first mind. So "Wednesday Dinner" began at Hof's Hut (http://www.hofshut.com/). Hof's is one of my favorite places for plenty of reasons, mainly its not close but its not to far so when I go its a treat, there is not a lot of young people which means its filled with old folks & pretty quite, its extremely huge so its not like everyone is sitting to close to each other & they have a wide variety of food, breakfast is served all day, fresh baked pies, & home style cooked meals aka comfort food. On our way there Shelby & Maya had me crackin up in the car talking about what they are dressing up as for Halloween, what they are doing for Homecoming & just other little teen girl talk comments (it was too funny!). When we got to Hof's the wait was about 10 minutes to be seated, the place was pretty crowded for a Wednesday night but I guess people don't cook at home like they use to. I was a little disappointed in the service last night from what was suppose to be our waitress, it just seemed as if she wasn't on her best last night. It took about 10 minutes before we got our drinks so by then we were already to order. And here is what we had:

Potato Skins
Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Ashley- Double Pork Chops
Two thick, juicy center cut pork chops, rubbed with parmesan herb seasoning, grilled & served over apple almond stuffing. Served with homemade cinnamon apples, mashed potatoes with gravy & creamed corn
Shelby- Rotisserie Chicken Half chicken slow roasted in our rotisserie oven until moist and juicy inside, crisp & delicious outside with loaded mashed potatoes
Maya- Seafood Combo Platter
A large platter of your favorite seafood. A fillet of Cajun-jerk or pecan encrusted salmon, BBQ shrimp or panko breaded fantail shrimp & beer battered cod with loaded mashed potatoes

The prices at Hof's aren't that expensive, with many other restaurants offering special dinner deals like "2 eat for $20" Hof's is doing the same thing "3 courses for $19.99". Shelby & Maya decided to take the $19.99 deal & I was flying solo with mine. By the time dinner came out I was a little full because with had the 2 appetizers, but never the less I still ate some of my dinner. My pork chops were very good along with my creamed corn & mashed potatoes, I wasn't to big on the stuffing. I was a little disappointed because they ran out of corn bread but I got garlic toast instead & it was pretty good. Shelby said her chicken was good & Maya said the same about her food also. At dinner Shelby & Maya kept me laughing we talked mostly about Maya's relationship with her sister & the relationship Shelby has with Melissa, & the relationship Shelby & I have. As sisters it is not always easy to get along but we make it work like we would any other relationship. At the end of the day God forbid something happen to our parents, my sisters are all I have so it is our job to be tighter than skinny jeans!(Haha). Maya is struggling with her relationship with her older sister, they are just like Shelby & I 10 years apart. I spoke with Maya & gave her some insight & I will pray her & her sisters relationship. Maya was also giving me some suggestions on other places to go & I took my notes so thanks Maya! After we ate we were all so FULL but Shelby & Maya got a dessert with their meal, I didn't & I was going to take something to go but they didn't have the kind of cheesecake I wanted :-( . So Shelby & Maya got a mini apple pie to go & then it was time to roll. Over all dinner was good, I always enjoy my time with Shelby & Maya was just an extra bonus. They are both so sweet & funny I love you girls! Dinner was $57.64 which wasn't bad at all for 3 people who left there a little heavier from when they walked in. All in all it was a great time, yesterday I just didn't really feel like doing to much which was good because I did just enough. On the way back home we had a little girl talk in the car, I was giving the girls a little game on life, boys & girls. I was just explaining to them that not all men are bad & just to always, always no matter what conduct yourself as a lady. It was a good talk for all of us!!! If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" boat or have any suggestions drop me a line ashleymarie729@gmail.com. In closing I would like to talk about Energy, energy is defined as the power to do work, or force of expression. I am not sure how much people realize how important good energy is. If you are putting out bad energy people can feel it almost immediately. It is important to put out good & positive energy because you want to get that back in return. Bad energy gives back bad energy! Next time you meet someone or are around someone you know try & tune in to their energy & see what vibes you get, you'll be amazed once to start to pick up on peoples energy. Remember "You get back what you give out". Until next week Bye- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment