Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wednesday Dinner 7/8/09






















This week for "Wednesday Dinner" in honor of "The King of Pop" Michael Jackson (RIP), I decided to eat at place that has King in the name. I'll give you a second to think of where....... ok times up. Shelby and I ate at King Taco! For the last few months I have been hearing about this King Taco. Who knew that I was born and raised in LA and never heard of this place. Anyway so I decided to go. Of course these chain of King Taco's aren't local, so Shelby and I hopped on the 110 and went (the one of Broadway). I wasn't really expecting much from the look of the outside of the restaurant, it kind of reminded me of Campos Tacos. I could appreciate the fact that it wasn't crowded and we didn't have to wait long for our food. I like the fact that there menu is very limited and they don't sale a bunch of other food like hamburgers, corn dogs or any of the other bs Mexican food places sale along with Mexican food. So here is what we ordered:

3 Chicken Tacos
1 Carne Asada Burrito
1 Cheese Quesadilla
Chips
Rice
Guacamole
Drinks

All that came to a grand total of $21.19, the food is reasonably price and I was pleased. Overall the food was good, a little spicy but next time I'll go easy on the salsa. Although it didn't seem like Shelby and I were there long, do to our drive we were so hungry we ate the food in a matter of minutes. Shelby also enjoyed the food and suggested we tell other people about it (LOL). I mentioned to her that I'm sure people know about this place, because its been around for years I heard. I'd like to share a funny story about my trip to the restroom as we were leaving. I proceed to go to the restroom and upon entering the restroom I notice the door didn't lock. I wasn't worried because it wasn't crowded in there and there was another restroom. As I am washing my hands a man walks in and says" Uh oh" and I look and say "Yea Uh Oh"! This is was too funny, thank God I already used the restroom. Then as I'm walking out the man is just standing around? He didn't even use the other restroom. WTH that was strange, weird and akward. At that moment I knew our trip to King Taco was done. So in true "Wednesday Dinner" fashion, I know dinner is not complete with out dessert. So I figured, where could we go?? Since I was on the whole King thing, I decided we would go to King Donuts. If any of you know about King Donuts, you know they are know for there Cool Aid that has Sugar Diabetes written all over it! LOL. Thank God it wasn't to crowded down there and here is what we got:

2 Twist
1 Large Red Cool Aid
1 Small Blue Bubble Gum Ice Cream

Everything was DELISH! This is one of the few places where after 12pm they're donuts are still fresh. The cool aid was nice, cool and sweet. It's rare that Blue Bubble Gum Ice Cream is still served, and it just melted in my mouth. I spent $2.90 on all of that and you can't beat that. As Shelby and I would say "That's crack head prices". Overall yesterday was a great day/evening. Since Shelby has just returned home from her trip to DC a few days prior and I was totally missing her while she was gone, this gave us a good chance to catch up and talk. We talked about college, her plans for the summer and her job search along with other topics. Since Shelby will be a Senior in September, the time we spend now is treasured and very valuable. I know we both enjoyed each others company! I was excited that I spent under $25 and we both were full and had a great time. This concludes my "Wednesday Dinner" story for this week, next weeks place and guest are still up in the air. If you want to join me or have any suggestions, hit me ashleymarie729@gmail.com. Let me leave you with a little food for thought " Team Work makes the Dream Work". Until next week Peace, always Ashley!

No comments:

Post a Comment