Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 9/8/10

Good morning, love bugs!! Happy Thursday!!!! Life is good, I can't complain so let me get into this blog. I had been craving Chinese food for about a week. So I decided to visit one of my old faithful places, "Bamboo Garden" in LA off of Vermont and Manchester. "Bamboo Garden" doesn't have a website but check out the yelp link (http://www.yelp.com/biz/bamboo-garden-restaurant-los-angeles). I used to frequent "Bamboo Garden" years ago and they really had my heart but I haven't been there in some time. "Bamboo Garden" is your hole in the wall classic Chinese food restaurant, with menus posted all over the wall and offering many different food items this place is far from typical. The prices are extremely reasonable and would make one second guess themselves if they are not comfortable. "Bamboo Garden" offers take out only and only accepts cash. There were so many items to choose from but I decided on what I wanted and here is what I got:

No. 1- Chicken Chow Mein, Pork Fried Rice, Barbeque Pork, Egg Roll, 2 Fried Shrimp, 1 Fortune Cookie & 1 Almond Cookie
Broccoli & Beef

"Bamboo Garden" has a lot of dinner specials that come with 3 items or more and like I said the prices are extremely reasonable. So since I could only take my food to go it was back to the house to eat. The total for the No. 1 was $7.75 and the Broccoli & Beef was about $5.50 which rounded off my total $13.25 which wasn't bad for the amount of food I got, this meal was big enough for at least 3 people. I have so much food left over, by the time I arrived home the food was still HOT not warm but HOT and I appreciate that. The chow mien was yummy!! Hearty pieces of chicken and veggies!! Pork fried rice isn't my favorite but I did the trick, not to many pieces of pork so I got to really enjoy the rice. Barbeque pork was alright I only ate a few pieces of that not a huge fan of it but it was still alright. I didn't fool with the egg roll, the shrimp was BOMB with a little sweet & sour sauce it was right on point. The broccoli & beef really hit the spot it was BOMB also. All in all I was full and glad I stopped by "Bamboo Garden". If you like classic Chinese food stop by "Bamboo Garden" it’s the perfect place to get take out on date night or when it starts raining. They are open 7 days a week until 8:15pm however it’s located in the cut so if you’re not paying attention you’re going to pass it. If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" team drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "Don't regret anything because at one point in your life it meant everything" until next week I LOVE YOU! -Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment