Thursday, November 4, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 11/3/10

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!! I had to take a much needed break from blogging because my life has gone in a whole nother direction from the last time I blogged. Let me start with saying "Hello, Good Morning"! I hope you are all well and life is treating you good. I took a break from "Wednesday Dinner" because I moved. YES Jody finally left the nest (Hahaha). This has been a life changing no scratch that a life style change for me and I am sooooooo HAPPY!!!! So due to moving and trying to work out my living expenses "Wednesday Dinner" was put on hold , however I’m back, re inspired and I have decided to switch the blog up. Twice a month I will be cooking dinner and having people over for dinner and twice a month I will be dinning out and either be eating solo or be accompanied by a guest. So this brings me to last nights dinner which was in house with my sister and if I must say so I did my thing on the ones and twos. I have an abundance of food in both my refrigerator and freezer! I wanted to make something good but I also wanted to use some of the items in my fridge before they went bad. So I decided to try this Chicken, Spinach & Mushroom Pasta, my sister Melissa told me I need to name it but for some reason I am only good at naming drinks not food (hahaha). Since I've moved out I've become an old person when it comes to eating dinner, I try not to eat dinner any later than 6pm so most nights I'm eating dinner by 5-5:30pm and I cook every night. I know that’s crazy but I get off work at 3pm so it’s only right, right? Anyway along with the pasta I decided to make this Greek Salad I've made before, which is really good & refreshing if I must say so myself! So here are the ingredients for the pasta & salad:


Chicken, Spinach & Mushroom Pasta (Prep time 45 minutes)


• 1 Chicken Breast


• 2 Cups of Penne Pasta


• 1 Bag of Fresh Spinach


• 2 Handfuls of Fresh Mushrooms


• Butter


• Extra Virgin Olive Oil


• Fresh Garlic


• Classico Alfredo Sauce


• Mozzarella Cheese


• Seasoning Salt, Garlic Salt & Black Pepper


• 2 Slices of Texas Toast


Greek Salad (Prep time 10 minutes)

One bag of salad


• Feta Cheese


• Sliced Olives


• Tomatoes


• Cucumber


• Red Onion


• Italian Salad Dressing


• 1 Slice of Pita Bread

So let me start with the pasta, so easy to make and if made correctly its DELISH! First I cut the chicken breast in cubes and seasoned it with seasoning salt, garlic salt and black pepper. Warmed my skillet and put extra virgin olive oil & butter, let it get hot and then dropped the chicken in. I had to keep my eye on the chicken because I didn't want to burn it or for it to be under cooked. The chicken cooked for about 20 minutes and was done; the pieces were moist and very flavorful. Next it was time to sauté the spinach & mushrooms. I heated up another skillet with butter, fresh garlic (minced it myself) and seasoning salt let the skillet get hot then I dropped the spinach & mushrooms in. I let the veggies sauté for about 10 minutes and they were done. Now the alfredo sauce was up, I had about a little less than a full jar of Classic Alfredo sauce in the fridge, I didn't think it was going to be enough so I added a little milk in jar and shook it up, put the sauce in a little sauce pan add about 2 pinches of mozzarella cheese and let it boil for about 5 minutes, I added a little seasoning salt to taste. Next it was time to do the noodles, I boiled 2 cups of penne pasta, and of course pasta is tricky because you don't want to under cook or over cook your noodles. It took about 8 minutes for the noodles to be done and now it was time to mix everything up. I did a little sample taste and DAMN that pasta was DELISH. Next up was the Greek Salad, extremely easy to make even a cave man can make it (hahaha). I placed the lettuce in a bowl, cut up the red onions, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Added the feta cheese and olives and then put about 3 squirts of the Italian dressing on. Mixed it and abra cadabra the salad was made. I put in the fridge and warmed up my Texas toast and pita bread, I rubbed the pita bread down with some butter and let it get a little crispy along with the Texas toast. By 5:30pm dinner was ready , Melissa and I were ready to eat. We ate the salad first; I set the table and everything! Melissa enjoyed the salad and pita bread and so did I. The pasta was served as the 2nd course and I am sad to report Melissa doesn't eat mushrooms, so she picked them out. She enjoyed the pasta as well she told me "Good job Ashley". Over dinner we just talked about small things here and there, it was soooo HOT yesterday sheesh. After dinner we were both FULL so we sat on the couch and didn't move for about 20 minutes. All in all dinner was good and of course I'll get Melissa to leave a comment on the food. I really enjoy cooking and decided this would be a great addition to what I've been doing with "Wednesday Dinner". If you would like to dine at the "Wednesday Dinner" table or have a recipe suggestion, drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "Life is so short...kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly" Until next we I love you and peace! -Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment