Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 11/10/10

Gooooood morning and happy Thursday? I am so thrown off by this daylight savings time its not even funny! I hope you are all doing well and I would like to thank you for reading another one of my fabulous blogs (hahaha). Anyway let the "Wednesday Dinner" story begin. This week was supposed to be about me trying to hook Stephanie up on a date (and I am not sure if I hooked her up or what). The plan was we would go on a double date with someone I used to date and one of his friends that has been interested in Stephanie for a while. We would all meet for dinner and see how it went but that wasn't the case! The guys were about 2 hours behind schedule and we made 3 different restaurant choices (sweet baby Jesus) and at that point I was reminded of why the guy I used to date I don't date anymore! Everyone knows I don't eat dinner late anymore but these guys didn't get the memo. Our original meeting time was 7pm then it got pushed back to 7:30pm, then to 8:45pm and by the time I looked at my phone it was 9:30pm and we were having dinner (SHAME). The original restaurant choice was Mac & Cheeza but Stephanie and her date weren't to thrilled so then I suggested Citizen Smith but when we all walked in we all walked right back out and went next door to Kitchen 24 (http://www.kitchen24.info/Home.html). Stephanie and I had both been to Kitchen 24 before, last year for her bday we went. I really couldn't tell if the food was good or not because I was so under the influence! However we when walked in we were immediately seated and it literally took about 15 minutes for our waitress to come and take our drink orders (now that’s just ridiculous). It seemed like we were waiting forever for her to come back and the crazy part was that they weren't even crowded! While waiting Stephanie’s date wasn't feeling to good so he took a little walk around the block and just left her at the table with my date and I not sure if she felt like the 3rd wheel (I need to ask her about that). By the time he came back we started ordering and we started with an appetizer:


Chilli Cheese Fries

The fries were ok in my opinion Stephanie really feel in love with these fries. They were fries with veggie chilli and cheese. The veggie chilli had black beans and corn in it and tofu I believe, they were ok but not something I would order again. Then it was time to order dinner and here is what we had:


Ashley- The Big Baller- Jumbo Meatballs cooked in Marinara, served open faced on Focaccia with Provolone


Ashley's Date- K24 Turkey Burger Served on a Toasted Brioche Bun w/ Onions, Sliced Tomatoes, Mayo, Lettuce and Sliced Pickles


Stephanie- Buttermilk Battered Fried Chicken Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy.


Stephanie's Date- K24 Turkey Burger Served on a Toasted Brioche Bun w/ Onions, Sliced Tomatoes, Mayo, Lettuce and Sliced Pickles


My apologies to the guys because I totally left them out, I didn't take pictures of their food but they did say that their burgers were ok. My sandwich was alright the meatballs could have been seasoned a little better. Stephanie liked her meal as well but she did mention that the chicken could have been seasoned better as well. Over dinner we talked as a group and then there we a few side conversations between the two groups. I could tell Stephanie was having a good time because she kept smiling, which is great! Her and her date seemed to hit it off. I am trying to help her get over her break up and try something different which is "being single and dating". Not sure if I will dub myself a "Match Maker" just yet but hopefully this was the first of many more dates! Our service at Kitchen 24 was horrible I mean just WACK! I am not sure if the guys left a tip, I didn't ask but if I were paying I wouldn't have left SHIT! (excuse my french). The atmosphere in Kitchen 24 is cool they play a mix of top 40 jams and have a bar with Happy Hour until 11pm Monday-Thursday, they also have a cute candy station at the front counter however if you take all of that away they pretty much suck! All in all the double date was cool however I am going to opt out of doubling dating again! Even though we all know each other it’s still a little awkward. After dinner it was time to say our goodbyes since it was a week night there was really no time for anything extra since we all have to be at work before the crack of dawn. I did get a chance to look at the bill and it was about $72.00 and some change which makes it about $18 per person oh Kitchen 24 ya'll wrong for that! If you would like to be hooked up with "Wednesday Dinner" or a date holler at me wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "It gets greater later" until next week DUECES- Ashley






No comments:

Post a Comment