Thursday, November 18, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 11/17/10


Buenos Dias my loves and welcome to "Wednesday Dinner" with Ash. I hope you all are doing well and are staying blessed and positive in this world we are living in. This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was so much fun and I had a great time. So let the "Wednesday Dinner" story begin! This week Hello Kitty is celebrating her 50th Anniversary with what I would call and exhibit being held at the Santa Monica airport. This event is a mix of art, games, food trucks, shopping and arts & crafts. For anyone who loves Hello Kitty this is the perfect thing for you to check out! The event will be in Los Angeles until Sunday November 21st, for more details check out (http://www.sanrio.com/smallgift) parking is $10 and the event is free except for on Saturday and tickets are $15. I didn't go alone last night I went with Stephanie, Ari (Stephanie's daughter) and Keyonna (Stephanie's God daughter). We arrived around 6:30pm and the event closed at 9pm, I was all bundled up because I thought this event was held outside but I was wrong it was inside (YAY). Walking in I felt like a little kid it was so cute and just all things Hello Kitty. We started out at the art exhibit and some of the art being displayed was so DOPE and pricey! Ridiculously priced, then we worked our way to the gift store I didn't really see anything I was interested in buying but they did have a few specialty items, like Hello Kitty Monopoly. After the gift shop we made our way outside to where the food trucks were and sadly there were only 3 food trucks out there. Kabob N Roll (http://www.kabobnroll.com/), The Place (http://www.theplacela.com/?p=209) and The Knock Out Taco Truck (http://www.kotacotruck.com/KOTacos/home.html). I have to say we picked the wrong night to go for food because all these trucks were WACK!!!!!!!!!!!! Collectively we spent about $50 on food and it was clearly not worth it! Here is what we got:


The Knock Out Truck- Carne Asada Taco's & Bean & Cheese Taco


Kabob N Roll- Meat Pies, Cheese Rolls, Chicken Kabob & Beef Kabob


The Place- Burger, Place Burrito, Pastrami Cheese Fries, & Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog


Beard Papa's - Fondant Au Chocolate


I tasted just about everything listed and I was not impressed and my tummy started hurting once we left which was no bueno! The best thing was the Fondant Au Chocolate from Beard Papa's and basically what it was a chocolate molten cake it was pretty good. Everything else was all bad; The place messed up on Stephanie's burger about 2 times. I was highly disappointed because I was expecting more trucks to be at the event. After we ate we walked around and Keyonna and Ari played a few games. To play any of the games and do some of the activities you need tickets, tickets are priced at $2 per ticket. Keyonna and Ari did pretty good on the games and won a few prizes, next Ari went to play miniature golf and Keyonna went off to the arts & crafts table. There is also a Farice Wheel and a Yogurtland both at the event also. Ari did pretty on her golfing and then we went and met Keyonna at the arts & crafts table and that were I had the most fun. There are these pictures that you can decorate with colored sand, SO DOPE! I want to go back just to do another picture. Its very time consuming though but I had so much fun, it let all my creative juices flow. It was amazing to see how all the creativity from everyone who was at the table. There were a lot of grown women at the event who clearly love Hello Kitty! I didn't see that many kids? But hey I had a good time, I am going to try and go back before Sunday and I suggest if you have a daughter or a love for Hello Kitty you check this event out. If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" Soul Train drop me a line at wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "Do what you do and I'll do what I do" until next week, blessings. -Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment