Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 12/15/10


GOOD MORNING! and first let me start by saying I am sooooooo sorry I didn't post anything last week, I did do "Wednesday Dinner" it was in honor of my dad, it was his birthday so I made dinner and had my family over. I love my Dad and he had a wonderful birthday last week. So last nights dinner was with my good friend Maurice. Maurice and I went to high school together and we weren't close in high school, we knew each other and spoke but we didn't really hang out. As of about a year ago our friendship has blossomed and I really appreciate him as a friend. Maurice and I had dinner earlier this year and I had a wonderful time, so I figured we needed to do it again before the year is over. So let the "Wednesday Dinner" story begin. Maurice and I met last night at Tinga (http://www.tingabuena.com/), Tinga is located on LaBrea right between 1st & 2nd street, and I believe they haven't been open long but by the look of the crowd you couldn't tell. When Maurice and I got there it wasn't too crowded but by the time we left it was packed. Tinga is a small little place that puts a huge twist on your classic Mexican food. Serving different types of Tacos on home made taco shells, tamales, rice, beans, corn, etc. Tinga is a really cute place its not to fancy but it’s also not dull at all. A cute modern long table in the middle of the restaurant, a bar and a few tables on the side. They don't serve alcohol however you can bring your own if you desire. There isn't a waiter that comes and takes your order and there are no menus to place on the table. The menu is written on a few chalkboards in cute little colors. You have to order and pay in full at the front and then take your seat. The staff there was super cool; they offered their own recommendations and were attentive and helpful. I felt so bad because this time I was late and I had Maurice waiting. But he got over it, so it was time to order and here is what we got:

Pechuga- 2 Short Rib Tacos, Salsa Verde, Potatoes, and Quesco Fresco
Flat Iron Steak Tacos- Chipotle Tortillas, Tomato Avocado Relish, Dog Snout Salsa, Pickled Red Onions, Queso Fresco, Lime Chipotle Escabeche
Elote Especial- Grilled Sweet Corn, Creamy Lime, Chilli, Poblano Puree
Black Beans- Soaked in Dos Equis with veggies
Chicken Nachos- Thick Tortilla Chips, Chicken Tinga, Creama and Guacamole
2 Watermelon Lemonades
Dolce something or another for dessert


All the food is served on what appears to be recyclable plates with utensils as well. I felt like we ordered so much food and boy was I right. So the food came out and it was time to grub, Maurice and I agreed that everything was on point and good. Maurice’s fav's which I picked up on where the black beans, and the tacos. My favs were the nachos, lemonade and the dessert. The food came out it was hot and fresh, and I knew that I was going to be so full once it was all said and done. Over dinner Maurice and I talked about everything! I had to share with him a recent message I received from someone we both know and it surprised me that Maurice knew exactly who I was talking about before I even said the persons name, crazy right? RIGHT! But nonetheless Maurice schooled me and told me how to handle the situation. Maurice also filled me in on his love life and he is hilarious! He has the funniest laugh and wonderful spirit! I am so glad that we are closer now! Dinner came up to about $50 which isn't bad because we had hella food. I enjoyed dinner and I look for to many more dinners and hangouts with Maurice! Thanks for dinner and coming out Mo! It was fun as usual! I highly recommend you get familiar with Tinga. If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" frontline drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com also follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "Play your role as only you can" until next week MUAH!-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment