Thursday, December 30, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 12/29/10


Hola!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, well, WELL! This is my last blog for 2010 and this has been a wonderful year. Not everything has worked out the way I wanted it to however it worked out. Everything I prayed for I got and then some, I fell in love a few times (hahaha) got over it, gained some understanding, patched up some broken relationship and just LIVED my life! I don't really do resolutions, I do goals and so far my goals are to get closer to God, grow as a woman, get more money, secure my financial future, travel, spend more time with my family and friends, give back and just continue to live so with that being said I hope everyone has a SAFE, FUN & WONDERFUL New Years Eve!!!!! Now, let the "Wednesday Dinner" story begin, yesterday it was just me, myself & I again. I was just not in the mood to do anything other than go home yesterday, I thought I was going to be raining all day so I decided I would cook but this tricky California weather had me fooled! It stopped raining and the sun came out to play. So I decided I would try something I've been wanting to cook for a while. Years ago my Uncle Joey used to make fish and he would cook the fish with vinegar and onions (I know, sounds weird but its good). Then I got another idea to try and make succotash (minus the Lima Beans) for the first time, so the menu was Baked Red Snapper, Potatoes and Succotash and here is what I used to cook everything:

1 Red Snapper (Fillet)
2 Potatoes
2 Tablespoons of Vinegar
1/2 Stick of Butter
Seasoning Salt
Black Pepper
Rosemary
Mrs. Dash (Yellow)
1 Red Bell Pepper
2 Slices of Onion
1 1/2 Cups of Frozen Corn

First I had to peel the potatoes (so not fun) then cutting them up was a task. I steamed them with a pot steamer for about 20 minutes. Once the potatoes were done, I drained the water and put butter in the pot added the potatoes and mixed in the rosemary and Mr. Dash. I don't measure my seasoning I just have an eye for what looks and taste right (hahaha). Then it was time to try this succotash out, I love corn! It's one of my favorite veggies and red bell peppers are always yummy! I am just not a fan of lima beans, so in a small skillet I melted some butter and dropped in the bell peppers, covered it and let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Then I added the frozen corn, covered it back up and let the simmer for about 15 minutes. I had to drained all the access butter and water from the frozen corn then I added a little more butter and seasoning salt to taste. Now it was time to bake the fish, I season the fish with black pepper and seasoning salt on both sides. I cut the fish in half and put 1 tablespoon of vinegar on each piece of fish, topped it off with some sliced onions and a slice of butter for each piece. Covered the fish with foil and let it bake for about 25 minutes. Now all the smells were coming together and it was time to plate my food! It looked and smelled so good; I didn't have a glass of wine with this meal. I kept it PG and had water. I must say so myself that was one of my best meals "Ash you did your thang on that there" hahaha! I enjoyed my meal and just took a moment to reflect on my 2010, it’s been a good ride. So if you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" 2011 movement drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "Look back and thank God. Look forward and trust God". Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love always, -Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment