Thursday, December 2, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 12/1/10

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!! My bad for not blogging but I was on a 24 hour food fast do to Turkey day, however I am back, well rested and happy to report I did not gain and extra turkey day weight (hahaha). So let this weeks "Wednesday Dinner" story begin. As I mentioned previously I would be switching up by cooking and dinning out, so yesterday I was in the kitchen getting my cook on (HA). I had decided to make an agent Chinese dish that’s been around for centuries, the well known "Fried Rice" (hahaha) along with some chicken egg rolls. I had never made fried rice before but I figured this can go 1 of 2 ways, it can turn out good or it can turn out bad. So I thought what the hell, here goes nothing. I decided to use chicken and shrimp for the fried rice and the egg rolls were store bought so that wasn't going to take much time. Below are the ingredients that were needed for the fried rice:


2 Cups of cooked rice
2 Eggs
3 Green onions
1/2 Cup of shredded carrots
1 Cup of diced chicken
1 Cup of chopped shrimp
1/2 Teaspoon of soy sauce
1 Packet of Fried Rice Mix
2 Tablespoons of oil
1 Box of Market Fresh Mini Chicken Egg Rolls

The 1st thing I did was make my minute rice, and surprisingly it came out perfect. I am not the best rice cooker but can you really mess up minute rice? Once the rice was cooked it was time to do my chicken and carrots. In a skillet I used extra virgin olive oil and butter to sauté the chicken, I seasoned the chicken with seasoning salt, pepper and garlic salt. In a smaller skillet I sautéed the carrots with a little bit of butter. The carrots were fresh and needed to be cooked per the instructions on the rice packet. Next it was time to cook the shrimp; I seasoned the shrimp with the same salts as the chicken. After all that chopping and cooking I was getting a little tired but dinner had to get made, after all the meat and carrots were done it was time to put it all together. I had to put the oil in a skillet add the green onions and the rice, mix that and then it was time to add the rice mix and soy sauce. That’s when the rice started to look like what fried rice should, all the flavors were coming together and it smelled good. Next I added the chicken and shrimp, and then it got tricky......I had to push all that to the side and add the egg, so I did that. I put the top on the skillet and let the egg along with everything else cook for about 15 minutes. During the wait time I put the egg rolls in the oven for about 15 minutes, after the egg rolls were done everything was made and it was time to plate my food. Now it was time to see if it all came together as expected AND................ IT DID!!!! The rice was so YUMMY the only thing I could have done different was fried the egg rolls rather than bake them but now I know for next time. There was enough rice left over for me to have lunch today, which is always a plus. Over dinner I had a little time to think and I am starting to get that "I want a boyfriend" itch (yea I know, I'm sure it will pass). Am I ready to try love and a relationship all over again? Am I just feeling this way because it’s the Holiday season? Or do I really want a MAN? Who knows, I'll take it for what it is and see what happens. I suggest you log on and stay tuned (HA). If you would like to get in the "Wednesday Dinner" kitchen drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com , follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand. Until next week stay true to you- Ashley.

No comments:

Post a Comment