Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wednesday Dinner 3/23/2011

What up! I hope you all are doing well out there in La La Land. Let me get right to it, this weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was a special one because it was ladies night (heeeeey). I invited Tiff my friend Pooh and Monique over for dinner. I decided it would be nice to have a little dinner, drinks and conversation with as I call them my "Lady Loves". I decided I would cook something neutral that everyone would like......drums please...... I made spaghetti. Hell you can't go wrong with Spaghetti, made with ground turkey of course. I wasn't sure if "Ladies Night" was going to be a success because it was raining but my "Lady Loves" came through and it was about to go down. Pooh and Monique haven't been to my new house, of course you know Tiff is a regular. OH yea shout out to Pooh for bring a bottle of Moscato over! So once we were all there I poured everyone a glass of wine except Monique she doesn't drink so she had Red Kool Aid in a wine glass (haha). Over wine we had girl talk and I loved it. It’s so refreshing to sit and talk about things we have in common and find out things you didn't know, and there some jokes thrown in as well. We talked for about a good half hour and then it was time to eat. On the menu was spaghetti, caesar salad and garlic bread, classic meal and so easy a caveman could do it (haha). I set the table and Monique suggested we pray together as well, she said "Friends that pray together stay together" and I believe that! Pooh said grace and then it was time to eat. Disclaimer (I didn't get any pics of the plates of food. My bad, it might be time to get a "Wednesday Dinner" picture taking assistant. Just kidding). Anyway over dinner we talked about guys, work, family, etc and laughed some more. It was funny because as I look back after dinner we never got up from the table until it was time to say bye. We just sat and talked, my face started hurting from all the laughing. It was so much fun, it was time for a little dessert so I hipped Tiffany and Pooh to my version of a white russian, and I’m going to call it a brown american (haha). Its Bailey's and Strabucks Vanilla Frappuccino! It taste so good, its sweet, its grown and its sexy (HEY). Tiff and I had 2 glasses, Pooh only had one and Monique was still nursing that kool aid. Then it was time for the photo shoot, we took a few pics and then it was time to say adios. I had a BLAST!!! We decided we're going to have a gathering like this at least twice a month, and I am sooooo looking forward to it. All in all dinner was GREAT and shout out to my "Lady Loves" for coming out you guys ROCK!!!! If you want to rock with "Wednesday Dinner" drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter, www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this “In life we need someone to teach us, love us, hurt us and protect us" until next week smooches! Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment