Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wednesday Dinner 3/9/2011

GOOD MORNING and happy Thursday!!! One more day and the weekend will be officially here!! Please remember to set your clocks forward Saturday night before you go to sleep, and when you wake up daylight savings time will be upon us and we all know what that means!!! Shorter days and longer nights, lets all enjoy!! This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was with my BEST BESTEST BESTIE (insider) Tiffany L. Dawson. Of course if you've been following my blog then you know Tiff and I have been friends since we were 8 which is about 20 years and our friendship is getting stronger and better than ever. Love ya Tiff!! Anyway I decided I was going to make Tuna casserole for dinner, which is one of me & Tiff's favorite dishes. It’s not your typical Tuna casserole and it’s funny because I did NOT like tuna casserole growing up. Here is what I used:


1 1/2 Cup Macaroni Noodles
1 Can Tuna
1 Can Cream of Mushroom
1 Cup Fresh Broccoli
1 1/2 Cup Cheese
1/3 Cup of Milk
Seasoning Salt
Dinner Rolls

Making this tuna casserole is so easy a caveman can do it (hahaha), no but it’s really easy! First I boiled the cream of mushroom with some milk and added seasoning salt to taste. Then I had the water boiling for the noodles and then I sautéed the broccoli with butter and seasoning salt to taste. Once the broccoli was done I added the can of tuna(drained) and some cream of mushroom, waited for the noodles to be done and then added them to the tuna, broccoli & mushroom mix. Mixed everything together and then added the cheese, once that was done then I placed the mixture in my casserole dish and added more cheese to the top and baked for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees. I added my dinner rolls in the oven; I melted some butter and brushed the rolls before baking them. Those dinner rolls took about a good 30 minutes to bake but it was worth the wait. Once everything was done it was time to plate the food and enjoy, dinner was accompanied by a glass of Moscato. Over dinner Tiff and I talked about so much but mainly our journey of 20 years of being friends and BOY OH BOY was it HILARIOUS! We've been through so much and no matter what we've always been there for each other! Love ya sweets!! Tiff complimented me on my casserole and I enjoyed it as well. I must apologize because I only have pictures of the final product, while I was cooking I totally forgot that it Wednesday (sad face). Next week I'll be on my A game, if you would like to join the "Wednesday Dinner" team drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "When the questions wrong, God says no. When the timings wrong, God says slow. When you’re not right, God say grow". Until next week be you- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment