Thursday, January 12, 2012

Wednesday Dinner 1/11/2012

Good morning!!!! And so it is Thursday and the weekend is almost here, CHEERS!!!!!!!!!! I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend and are looking forward to a long fabulous weekend for those of you who are off on Monday due to the MLK holiday! Anyway this weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was dedicated to one of my favorite burger joints "Fresh & Meaty" (http://www.yelp.com/biz/fresh-and-meaty-burgers-los-angeles)!! My plan was to be on a solo mission this week because I have just been out of it all week, but Shelby hit me and wanted to know what my "Wednesday Dinner" plans were. I told her and she said her & Melissa were gonna come over (slow down turbo, hahaha). I decided to make it a family thing and include my mom (Big Deb) and my dad (Charlie). So let the "Wednesday Dinner" story begin. I got to my moms house and my sisters were too hyped! They both looked cute, not
sure if they thought we were going to some fancy burger stand or what but I had a mental laugh that was out of this world. Anyway if you know anything about "Fresh & Meaty" you know if you don't call your order in you'll be waiting for at least 45 minutes for your food. So I placed our ordered waited a good 10 minutes and left. "Fresh & Meaty" is located on the corner of Florence and 7th ave, not the nicest looking place on the outside or inside but hey! The reason why I love "Fresh & Meaty" so much is because the food is cheap and good! For about $6 you can get a nice size burger, fries and a drink, whhhhhaaaaaattttt???? Yea that's right, all that for $6. However I must say the customer service there sucks big time! I usually find myself waiting at least an additional 10 minutes for my food when I call it in and I've noticed no one working in there is smiling. Anyway here is what we ordered:

3 Meaty Specials (Turkey)
1 Meaty Special (Beef)
1 Meaty Special (Beef)- No cheese, pickles or onions add chili

Basically a "Meaty Special" includes a burger (turkey or beef) with or without cheese, fries and a drink. The price is about $5.83 and the burger comes on toasted bun,with mayo,lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles and cheese if you like. Anything extra like bacon, chili, egg of course is extra. The total for everything came up to like $27, which is not bad to feed a family of 5. Anyway we waited like an additional 20 minutes for the food but at least the food was fresh! So we went back to my moms house and it was time to eat. Its funny when its dinner time the entire room is silent. Anyway the burger was good as always. The burger is well seasoned and well done and all the toppings are fresh! No wilted lettuce, mushy tomatoes, nothing like that! My only issue is I DO NOT like the fries (sad face). "Fresh & Meaty" offers  those thick ass potato fries, with the skin still on them YUCK! Some people like them but for me I prefer thin fries. All in all dinner was good and spending time with my family is always great! Everyone enjoyed their burger which was a plus! My sisters and I had a conversation with my mom and all I can say is it was HILARIOUS! My mother is a riot and my sisters just add to it. Anyway if you are not familiar with "Fresh & Meaty" get familiar. Also if you would like to become a "Wednesday Dinner" scout drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner . Inclosing I'd like to leave you with this "Know WHAT you want before you know WHO you want" Until next week, duces!-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment