Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wednesday Dinner 1/18/2012



Wasssssssup!!!!!!!! Happy Thursday to you all! I hope this has been a cool short week for you all and that you have a wonderful weekend. Let me just get right in to this weeks "Wednesday Dinner", I was on a solo mission looking for something fresh and filling. I was craving a salad but not just your regular lettuce, tomato and dressing salad. I wanted something good, filling and fresh! I had been wanting to try this place called Salad Farm" (http://www.saladfarmrestaurants.com/). I passed "Salad Farm" numerous times on my way downtown, but I never stopped in. Well last night was the night! "Salad Farm" is located on Figueroa, it sits in a shopping plaza that has the strangest parking lot I have ever seen, however the parking was free! Which is rare! Anyway, walking in the place was not crowded at all, there were 2 people in front of me and 2 people working there. Looking at the menu one might get excited with all the salad choices! Not only do they serve salads, they also have stuffed baked potatoes, sandwiches and soups. "Salad Farm" is very clean and they use nothing but fresh ingredients. The set up is actually like a buffet and they make your salad there right in front of you. So it was time for me to order, I had:

#7 Chinese Chicken Salad

It took all of like 2 minutes for the lady to make the salad, it was like she was a salad magician! The salad had iceberg lettuce, carrots, green onion, wantons, rice noodles, cabbage, chicken, mandarin oranges and almonds. The salad was topped with an oriental dressing and that salad was HUGE! Definitely enough for 2 people. Anyway the salads at "Salad Farm" range from $7.95-$9.75 which isn't bad. The one thing I did NOT like was that I was charged $.75 for extra dressing and extra mandarin oranges. So I took my salad home and it was time to eat! This salad was everything my life needed yesterday! It was fresh and so good!!!!!! It was way more than I needed and I have enough for lunch today!! If you are not familiar with "Salad Farm" get familiar! My total for the salad with the extra dressing and oranges was $10.28, I will definitely be going back. If you would like to join the "Wednesday Dinner" crew drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner . Also stay tuned for a HUGE announcement next week for the month of February. In closing I'd like to leave you with this "Don't play hard to get if your hard to want" . Until next week, smooches -Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment