Thursday, January 5, 2012

Wednesday Dinner 1/4/2012

White Tuna SushiCrispy RicePopcorn Shrimp RollStuffed JalapenoCalifornia RollSalmon Avocado Roll
Spicy Tuna RollCrunchy California RollPhilly RollSpicy Tuna Tempura Roll
TempuraGinger Creme Brulee

Well I'm officially baaaaaack. Took a minute off but I am back and ready to be better than ever. I hope you all have been well and have missed me as much has I have missed you! I hope this year has started off positive and refreshing for you. Now enough of all that, let the "Wednesday Dinner" story begin! Yesterday was dedicated to my sisters Melissa and Shelby! Its been a minute since we all have spent time together. Shelby had gotten us tickets to see Chelsea Lately so the plan was to go to the show and then go have dinner. I had taken the day off work so I was all excited to go. But in true Shelby fashion she was late waking up which meant we were late to the taping and didn't get in. Oh brother! However we will have priority seating and entry to the taping the next time we go back. So it was extremely early a little early for dinner but whatever, luckily the studio and the restaurant we were going to go eat at afterwards were in the same area. So off we went to "Sushi Stop" (http://sushistopusa.com/). "Sushi Stop" was brought to my attention by my friend Jesse (if your reading this your famous now, hahaha. What up Jesse!). This was my 3rd time at "Sushi Stop" but the 1st for my sisters. "Sushi Stop" is a very small but friendly place. With all sushi items $2.75 and limited seating you can't help but to at least try this place once, however for me I have become addicted. Most sushi spots over charge for everything and the quality and taste pretty much suck, but at "Sushi Stop" that is not the case! Service is good, food is good and I've never waited longer than 15 minutes to be seated. "Sushi Stop" sits on the corner of Mississippi and Sawtelle, this street is kind of like a Japanese food fest with all the other restaurants surrounding the area. Anyway Melissa & Shelby were a little skeptical of trying "Sushi Stop" because of the extremely low prices but they were also excited to go. So we got there waited about 15 mins and we were seated. And Oh guess who was in there looking like a celebrity has been?!?! Remember "Buddha" from "I Love New York"???? (http://www.buddytv.com/articles/i-love-new-york/i-love-new-york-buddhas-letter-13523.aspx). Yea him, we sat right by him and his date and I must say this man talks EXTREMELY LOUD!!! I was embarrassed for the chick he was with because I knew all their business because I heard everything he was saying. I don't remember hearing her say anything so maybe she wasn't interested or who knows anyway back to the food. When your ready to order your given an order form to fill out and then return it back to your server, here is what we ordered:

2 Sashimi White Fish
2 Crispy Rice
2 Popcorn Shrimp Rolls
2 Stuffed Jalapenos
2 California Rolls
1 Salmon Avocado Roll
1 Spicy Tuna Roll
1 Crunchy California Roll
1 Philly Roll
1 Spicy Tuna Tempura Roll
1 Order of Tempura

Whew looking at it now we ordered A LOT of food! Anyway I love that fact that the sushi is not coming out all at one time, considering the amount of space given it would be impossible to enjoy your food if it was all brought out at once. Anyway the sushi was DELISH!!!!! My new favorites are the stuffed
jalapeno and the popcorn shrimp roll. Both Melissa and Shelby loved "Sushi Stop" and definitely will be going back! Over dinner we laughed and joked and it was like old times. It amazes me to see how wonderful and beautiful my sisters are becoming! Watching them grow has truly been a gift! Before leaving you know I had to try a dessert! I decided to have the Ginger Creme Brulee, and surprisingly it was very good as well! All in all I was full and happy when we left. The total for everything came up to $51.50 not bad at all. If you are not familiar with "Sushi Stop" get familiar! And if you would like to be a part of the "Wednesday Dinner" crew drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow on Twitter  www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. *Disclaimer: I totally forgot to take pictures this time so I stole some photos from their website. Won't happen again*. In closing I'd like to leave you with this "Protect the things you love and love the things you protect". Until next week 2 fingas! -Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment