Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wednesday Dinner 8/12/09





































Grrrrrr! is so the mood I am in this morning. For some strange reason I couldn't wake up on time and I totally was in bed and sleep by 11pm last night. Any who, good morning and let's get it. Yesterday's "Wednesday Dinner" was a day of celebrations!!! And I am a strong advocate of celebrating any and everything! Yesterday my dear mother passed her Bail man exam, which is great and will benefit the family business(King Bail Bonds 323-299-1234, just in case anyone needs our assistance's). And also we were celebrating Melissa's birthday a day early, today is her actual birthday (Happy Birthday Melissa!!!!). So let's get into "Wednesday Dinner". My mom had been wanting to go to Red Lobster and so I figured why not since we had a reason to go, not that you need a reason to go to dinner but last night I did because I so wasn't feeling Red Lobster and I had already had a theme for this week, but as usual my plan was thrown off. So it was off to Red Lobster ( http://www.redlobster.com/)%20wewe went. And of course my mother invited mini me and her sidekick Shelby hahaha! Let me start by saying, I am a firm believer that just because something is in the hood doesn't mean it has to be hood or hood like. By my description I am sure you know that we went to the Red Lobster on Crenshaw, which is not to fair from where I live. So anyway, when we got there there were about 10-15 people waiting and our wait time was estimated at 10-15 minutes. I noticed that there where a lot of empty tables and couldn't understand why all these people where waiting. Our wait was actually 20 minutes and when it was time to be seated we were placed all the way in the back? Not sure why but the show must go on. Our waitress seemed a little of balance and that's never a good look in my opinion! So we proceeded to order and here is what we got:

Lobster Pizza- appetizer
Ashley- Chef's Signature Lobster and Shrimp Pasta & A Glass of Sutter Home's Chardonnay
Mom-Ultimate Feast
Shelby-New England Seafood Sampler

Of course listing this food it doesn't look like a lot but it hit my wallet for a whopping $85.42, Red Lobster still isn't recession friendly and for some reason I don't remember it being this high for 3 people to eat back in the day when it was located on Wilshire (for those of you who remember). The best thing about the food to me was the Lobster Pizza, my mom and Shelby where pleased with their food. Me not so much, I had to ask for Alfredo sauce 2 times and I glass of water 3 times. I also had the most dreadful glass of wine (ICK). The plus side was the food was hot when it came out, however that really didn't matter because it was cold as ICE in the restaurant. Anyway we tried not to let those things get in the way of us having a good time with each other. We talked and laughed and all in all had a nice time with each other. While having dinner Shelby and I where also planning to surprise Melissa for her birthday after dinner. Melissa will be with her boyfriend tonight which is why we had to celebrate her birthday last night. So it was time to wrap it up and leave Red Lobster, but it wasn't going to be that easy. It took all of 15 minutes for the waitress to finally come pick up the check and another 10 for her to bring back my card WTHeck! I wasn't going to leave a tip, but my mother insisted. So we finally left, and honestly I think it will be an extremely long time before I dine at Red Lobster again especially that one.

So of to surprise Melissa was next on the agenda. I stopped at Baskin and Robbins( http://www.baskinrobbins.com/) to pick up an ice cream cake. That new commercial saying the cakes start of at $9.99 is a total lie because they didn't have any. So I just picked up a small Oreo cookie ice cream cake with red on it (red is her favorite color). Melissa has no idea we where coming to surprise her. She was getting her hair done at our cousins, so we stopped there to give her gifts and cake. She was totally surprised and said "Aww I feel so loved". So we stayed at my cousins house for about an hour laughing, talking and catching up on Daddy's Little Girls (Love that show). That was the highlight of my night, getting to see Melissa before her birthday was great. All in all last night was good Red Lobster canned and Baskin Robbins has rethink their marketing strategy for commericals. If you have any suggestions on where my next food adventure should be or would like to join me in my dinning adventures, drop me a line ashleymarie729@gmail.com . In closing I'd like to talk about relationships. Relationships are something we all have and something we all want no matter what type of relationship it is. I am a firm believer that a relationship takes a lot of work, caring, love, affection, communication and trust. I also believe a relationship is like a job, you have to show up everyday and do your job. No matter what type of relationship you have it should be healthy and make you feel good. If you have a relationship that is unhealthy or makes you unhappy and is the opposite of all the things I listed then you have somethings to think about. Lastly a relationship is a 2 way street, you have to give to get and when you get you give......... Until next week, B Brezzy! -Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment