Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wednesday Dinner 8/26/09






















Wow I am so tired and this morning started off SO WRONG! But I'm going to get through this day with a smile! So yesterdays dinner was just wonderful to say the least, I was surrounded by my family and in my eyes that is such a wonderful feeling! This week is just a week about love, relationships and family. This weekend my grandparents will be celebrating 60 years of marriage! Whew, we can only imagine and hope we can be with someone that long! Also my Aunt came into town to surprise them and boy did she! So yesterday I decided to cook for my family and have them all over. Here is what I made:

Lasagna (with ground turkey of course)
Garlic Bread
Ceaser Salad
Sour cream Pound Cake

I must say dinner was DELISH, and I got great reviews. Now don't think just because their family they were just telling me the food was good, so not the case. The one thing my family knows how to do is keep it real!!! My family is hilarious and so loving and kind, yesterday my Aunt Myrtle (My dad's oldest sister) was the life of the party. Auntie Myrtle is just to much, she has a wonderful spirit and a great sense of humor. Looking at her you would never think she has a story to tell, but she has a true testimony and is living proof that God is real! She is a Hurricane Katrina survivor!!! Along with her other personal struggles, she has managed to come out of it all and give all the thanks and glory to God and you can't be mad at her for that. Its always a treat seeing her and having her around, she just has a wonderful spirit! My Pape' (which is what I call my grandfather) also cracked a few jokes, and they were just too funny. My Gammo (which is what I call my grandmother) told us the story of how her and my Pape' met. I never knew that they had both been married before, so this is the 2nd marriage for both of them. Just seeing them together and being so blessed to have them is such a wonderful feeling. They have been married for 60 years, 4 kids later, 8 grandchildren and 6 great grandchildren and they are both in their 80's and still able to enjoy and create memories is so amazing to me when I think back. So yesterday was just a wonderful day for me all around, anyone who knows me knows that I am all about family and togetherness. Its such a great feeling to have family! We talked about so many things last night and made a lot of good memories. We talked about my dad when he was growing up, when my dad's family first moved to California from New Orleans and how my Gammo decided that they weren't going back to New Orleans. Although we have quite a few relatives in New Orleans it hasn't been the same for them since the Hurricane. When the hurricane came that was a trying time for my family, so many loved ones missing and spread out. But will prayer and a careful eye they all recovered safely. We laughed and we all shared some amazing stories with eachother along with good fine, wine and a great dessert it was almost like a perfect 1st date LOL. Also yesterday, I took some leftovers to Tiff and my honey bunny (who shall remain anonymous until the time is right). First I spent a little quality time with my honey, he's so sweet and so starting to grow on me. Quality time with someone your dating is so needed when your trying to start a new relationship, so after getting my goodnight sugar and hug from my honey I was off to see Tiff. Tiff is still so pregnant and today is actually her due date, we'll see what happens with that! Spending time with Tiff is always fun, because all we do is laugh and joke! Its so funny seeing her pregnant and her babies stuff sitting up waiting for the baby to get here. We both would have never thought she'd be pregnant, but she's excited and ready to pop! If you have in suggestions on Wednesday Dinner or would like to get on the Wednesday Dinner roll call, hit me up ashleymarie729@gmail.com . In closing I'd like to talk about judging, judging is defined as to form an opinion or estimate. So many people make judgement calls or pre judge people without even knowing them. Of course we are guilty of doing this and also judging someone based on their past, who they know, what they do, where they work I mean could go on and on. However I would like to say that no one is immune to being judge however you can be very mindful of who you judge and why. Never judge a person prematurely or for what they were or where they have been rather let them show you who they are and what their intentions are. Looking at a person you will never know what they have been through or where they have been, take the time to get to know someone. We all have a story to tell and looking at a person you would never know their story unless you try and read their book. Until next week, -BESO'S Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment