Thursday, August 20, 2009

Wednesday Dinner 8/19/09




Boy oh boy! I am feeling very refreshed after a great sleep last night and an extremely trying day yesterday. Yesterday was just a DAY, you know the day when your emotions are all over the place and everything someone else says makes you snap. Well yesterday was my day and after much prayer and thought I am all better. So let's go "Wednesday Dinner". Yesterday I was all over the place with what I was going to eat, I couldn't decide I was torn between 5 places. But the experience I had right before I decide to eat totally took my appetite away. The plan was go to dinner, go get my hair done and then go have dessert but as usual someone threw a MONKEY WRENCH in my plans. So I proceeded just to go and get my hair done, since my appetite was gone. For many years my cousin Chanel has been doing my hair and last night I was going to her house to get "My Hair Did". I was in a bad mood when I got there and just wanted to get in and get out! I was starting to get a little hungry but still couldn't put my finger on what I wanted to eat. Chanel's husband Jason was in the kitchen cooking and the smell was wonderful, I couldn't pin point what he was making but it sure did smell good. So when Chanel and her daughter Taelor came out with their plates, I decided ok I'll make a plate and have "Wednesday Dinner" here and here is what I had:

Steak (with A-1 sauce, of course)
Mashed Potatoes
Cesar Salad

I know as a woman it must be a wonderful feeling when you can come home and your man has all hands on deck in the kitchen, so big ups to Jason for doing that! Chanel mentioned it was Jason's 1st time making Mashed Potatoes, so I will cut him a little slack LOL. Dinner was DELISH, the Steak was seasoned very well and cooked just right. The mashed potatoes were a little lumpy but good nonetheless and I was kind of lost with the Cesar salad but you need your veggies to balance out a meal. All in all the food was good and I was stuffed, I was even able to bring some leftovers for lunch. After getting my hair done and eating dinner it was back to the house for me, I still wasn't really in the mood for dessert. I really just wanted to go home, shower and go to sleep. On my home I talked to my sister on the phone about the days earlier events that just got me in a MOOD and like always when I talk to either of my sisters they always make me feel better. Once I was done with that, I showered and talked to a good friend. My friend Tiffany always finds a way to tell me something that will make me laugh and make me feel better and even though she's busy with getting ready to have her 1st baby(due any day now) she still finds time to listen. Thanks to my girls for your talks last night! I love ya'll! If you have any suggestions or would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" roll call holla at me ashleymarie729@gmail.com. In closing I would like to talk about fear, fear is defined as great dread, alarm; deep reverence; regard in fear; stand in awe; be afraid. I am seeing and starting to learn that there are some people are just fearful of everything (being happy, trying new things, falling in love, applying for a new job, taking chances, etc.) and it seems like these fears turn these people into very mean and weak spirited people. Being fearful of something is a sign of a major weakness, when you are afraid to do something look to God and pray for strength because he will see you through. Somethings you can't control, but the things you can control you should own them and never be fearful because its in your control and if you loose control PUSH (pray until something happens) and it will all work out. Life is to short to live in fear and not be happy, because tomorrow is never promised. So with that being said "Take control of your fears and become fearless" until next week xoxoxoxoxo- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment