Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wednesday Dinner 9/16/09
























































Morning ya'll! Hope your doing well and feeling good this morning, I am just going to go balls in on this one. This week's dinner was very special! My grandmother (my mother's mother) had been wanting to take My sister & I out to dinner for out birthdays. For those of you who don't know Melissa & I are 3 years and 2 weeks apart, growing up we would share a lot of our birthday's together (that's just a little inside side bar note). So our grandmother wanted to take us to dinner, and we were all in. I was extremely excited to see both of them, I hadn't seen Melissa in about 2 weeks & maybe a little over a month since I had seen my grandma. Of course in my usual Ashley fashion I was late (sorry guys). Melissa had decided last week we were going to have Thai Food, but what would "Wednesday Dinner" be if a wrench wasn't thrown in it HAHA! Melissa said the grandma wanted to have Italian Food and so that is what we had. If any of you know our grandma you guys know she loves to go eat at different places and she enjoys the company of her grandchildren. Grandma decided she wanted to take us to Ugo (http://cafeugo.com/), Ugo is located in Downtown Culver City. When I got there for some strange reason I had a feeling my sister & grandma would be sitting outside & I was right. The atmosphere at Ugo is very romantic & intimate, its a cute place for a date night. Last night the weather was very nice for outside dinning. When I got there my sister & grandma hadn't ordered yet, I guess they were waiting on me so here is what we had:

Sparkling Moscato (Moscato D'Asti)
Ceaser Salad
Fried Calamari
Vegetarian Lasagna with Grilled Chicken- Ashley
Lobster Ravioli-Grandma
Bolognese Pasta- Melissa

I just noticed that the menu on Ugo's website is totally different from what I was reading last night, they need to work on getting the fixed (side bar). Our waitress was very sweet and attentive however we were waiting a while for the food to come out, but maybe that's a good thing because we were all done with our appetizers by the time dinner came out. Our grandma had been to Ugo before, I believe 2 weeks ago she was there for lunch or dinner. Melissa & I had never been, but we both agreed we had a good first experience and would be coming back. Over dinner we talked about plenty of things, starting with grandma giving us her update & outlook on her children all 5 of them. Haha. And then we talked about her upcoming birthday, on December 3rd grandma will be 84 years old!!!! What a blessing to still have her, & her to be able to be in her right state of mind, healthy & happy. Grandma is planning a nice little surprise for her birthday & its kind of her gift to all of us. I won't go into details but just stay tuned because I am sure its going to be good! Of course the boyfriend who are you dating conversation came up & of course I came up empty with nothing to say (Hahaha). We also talked about the trip we are planning next summer to Jamaica and in true grandma fashion she let us know she'd think about it, gotta love her! Grandma also mentioned that she heard I had her on the internet in a picture, she didn't care where the picture was she just wanted to know how she looked now that's just too funny! So after dinner we were so full but you know me, I always save a little room for dessert. Ugo has about 20 flavors of Gelato along with other desserts inside of the restaurant. Melissa & I decided to have some Gelato while grandma was way to full to have anything else to eat.

Hazel Nut- Ashley
Romeo & Juliet- Melissa

Melissa & I both ordered a child's portion of the Gelato & it was way bigger that what we expected. Melissa's was way better than mine, even though mine was good Melissa's was GREAT. The Romeo & Juliet had a cheesecake taste to it but after some thought we figured out it's made with Mascarpone Cheese & it also had a hint of Raspberry swirl in it (DELISH). All in all dinner was good, personally I enjoyed my appetizer more than my dinner but hey the dinner was still good. I also had two glasses of Moscato De' Asti which is becoming one of my favorite wines! So good, if you haven't tried it try it. Grandma also liked it, calling it "The Bomb" hahaha! All the food came up to $88.87 which isn't bad for 3 people to have including appetizer, dinner, dessert & alcoholic beverage. Spending time with Melissa & grandma last night was so nice & refreshing, grandma wanted me to call her when I got home which I did & here is what she said " You got home fast, I had a nice time, we have to do it again & it doesn't have to be a birthday the next time". So I think now my grandma will be in rotation for some more "Wednesday Dinners". If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" time sheet or have any suggestion on where I should go next, drop me a line ashleymarie729@gmail.com . In closing I would like to talk about Help, help is defined as assist; remedy; prevent;. We all need help & we all have been asked to help someone or with something. However help is one of those things that we can also do for ourselves, people tend to help those who help themselves. We have family, friends, co workers, associates, children that require our help & will also offer their help in return. Help is something we all do on a daily basis & something we should continue to do, you never know you might help someone & save their life. Never be afraid to help or offer your help to someone else because you never know when you'll need to be helped. Until next week Tata-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment