Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wednesday Dinner 9/9/09







How you doin? (in my Wendy Williams voice). Happy Thursday to all! Once again I am extremely tired, but I know the show must go on, so let me get into this week's "Wednesday Dinner". Earlier this month I had made plans with my friend Justin to go out with him since yesterday was his Birthday, I had put together the ultimate birthday dinner but as usual these "Wednesday Dinner" plans change. Justin told me that his family was planning to take him out on his birthday, which I was totally cool with so I had to rearrange somethings around. And just when I picked the place I was going to eat at, my night job throws a wrench my way. Since Monday was a Holiday (Labor Day) I was informed that I would be working on my scheduled off day, which was no biggie to me since "I gotta make that money" hahaha! So I quickly began to think of other options and came up with one. Since I knew that my time to eat would be short because I had to be at work last night at 7:30pm instead of 8:30pm I had to think fast on this one and I did. Since my night job is in Manhattan Beach I started to think about what was close by, what I had a taste for and what was cheap. And cheap only because I don't usually eat heavy food before going to work. After much thought I decided to roll with the Costco food court. As many of you know Costco is known for the ridiculously large inventory of bulk food and supplies for members only. But what a lot of people don't know is they have any amazing food court with economy friendly prices and you don't have to be a member to enjoy dinning at they're food court. My night job is located about 5 minutes from Costco so for me last night's choice was easy and convenient. With so many options to choose from on the Costco menu it was so hard. But since I had been craving something and the sun was shinning yesterday here is what I got:

1 Slice of Cheese Pizza
1 Dipped Ice Cream Bar (Dipped in Chocolate & Topped with Almonds)

Costco offers a variety of food choices at they're food court (Hot Dogs, Churros, Pizza, Chicken Ceaser Salad, Turkey Wrap, Chicken Bake, Ice Cream, Smoothies, and Soda's). I mean with all these choices and knowing that the food is fresh how could I decided. I had been craving pizza for a while but would have totally preferred to have it with an Ice Cold Beer (yea sometimes pizza and beer go so well together). But because I was going to work after dinner the beer was a definite NO NO. The pizza was so good, it reminds me of Chicago Style pizza with its big slices that are big enough for two people. The pizza was so cheesy and DELISH, oh how I love the pizza from Costco. I did decide to get something for dessert since it was so nice outside and my sweet tooth was kicking in, I ordered the ice cream bar and boy oh boy!!!! That ice cream was big enough for two people also, once I took a bite I was in heaven. People who know me, know that I am a huge fan of sweets but especially ice cream. This ice cream bar has a lot of comparison to the Haagen-Dazs Vanilla & Almond bar, however in my opinion there is no comparison the one from Costco is waaaaay better. Its bigger and half the price and the almonds are on the outside and not the inside. For the pizza and the ice cream I spent a total of $3.85 which is a price that will make you want to slap your mother (just kidding). After dinner I had just enough time to eat, shower, take a 30 minute power nap and then it was off to work. But I did enjoy my very quick "Wednesday Dinner". If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" stroll or make a suggestion of a place for me to dine send me an email ashleymarie729@gmail.com. In closing I would like to talk about Closure, closure is defined as shut, end or stop. Closure is something we all need to move on or away from something, but its something that sometimes we don't always get. In order to move on from something and have closure you have to be ready to take criticism, heartache, pain and unhappiness of course no one wants to hurt any ones feelings but in order to move on and close things out its something that has to be done. I recently took a huge step with getting closure to somethings and people in my life, and I feel great! Knowing that my happiness is totally mine and I will not be compromising myself for someone else is the best feeling. All though we are all still works in progress, I am taking steps to be a complete piece of work and I started with closure. Until next week MUAH-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment