Friday, September 4, 2009

Wednesday Dinner on Thursday 9/3/09
















HOW U DOIN (in my Wendy Williams voice) and Happy Friday to you all! This week zoomed by for me!!!! My apologies for the blog being a day late, I had plans this week and did a little switcharue. My original plan was to work my night job Wednesday because my sister and I were going to see Melanie Fiona last night at the Roxy, but the show was cancelled :-( . It felt so weird to be working on my night off but yesterday was the perfect night for me to be off. As many of you know one of my best friends, Tiffany was pregnant and was expecting her baby any day as of last week. I had told Tiffany the 1st Wednesday after the baby was born I would come and have dinner with them. Well last week her baby was born and boy was Tiffany's labor one to remember! So since my plans where all changed around, Tiffany and I had a dinner date for last night. Since she just had the baby less than a week ago I told her to think of what she wanted to eat and I would bring it over and we would have "Wednesday Dinner on Thursday". Many of you know that Tiffany and I go waaaaaay back to our days at Warren Lane, we've been friends since the 3rd grade so anytime we get together its a riot! We just have to much fun and a lot of laughs. I feel like we are the only one's who really get each other our humor is one in the same. Seeing Tiffany with a baby is something that is so dear to my heart because it means we're really adults now LOL. We've been thru a lot together and seeing the happiness in her face when she holds and looks at her baby is PRICELESS! I am so happy for her and I love her and baby Bri so much! So Tiffany decided that she wanted to eat Chipotle for dinner(http://www.chipotle.com/#/land). I wasn't really feeling that at first since I just had it last week but hey I did tell her to pick what we were going to eat, so here is what we had:



2 Chicken Salads

1 Cheese Quesadilla

Chips and Guacamole



My experience yesterday at Chipotle was HORRIBLE! Every employee working on the assembly line was rude! Except for the 1st guy who just put my lettuce in the bowl. I don't understand why people who handle food and or work with customers are so rude, it boggles me. So today I will be calling to complain on the entire row of people that prepared my food. Chipotle is a very trendy Mexican American food place specializing in Burritos, but they also serve Taco's, Salads, Quesadilla's, Burrito Bowls, Beer and Margarita's. The food is good but a little pricing for it to be informal dinning, those 5 items of food cost $18.16 and you would think for that price I would have got better service. Once I arrived at Tiffany's house I was so excited and hungry. Excited to see the baby since I hadn't seen her since the day she was born. Tiffany's baby looks just like her when she was a baby, this little baby is so peaceful and can sleep thru anything. I think the whole time I was there she was awake for maybe 10 minutes but I hear that newborn babies sleep a lot. Dinner was ok not the best Chipotle I had but ok, we both didn't finish our salads and Tiffany wasn't really feeling the Quesdadilla but that's one of my favorites from Chipotle. Tiffany and I talked about all types of things but mainly her new little bundle of joy, and what life is going to be like now. We were also joined by Tiffany's sister and her friends, who always keep Tiffany and I laughing! Along with our dinner we were drinking Kool Aid, I have to plug this because Tiffany's mom makes THEEEE BEST Kool Aide ever! OMG so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So after dinner we all just sat around talking and laughing. I had also brought over some dessert, in my opinion no Mexican meal is complete with out a Churro, Flan, Fried Ice Cream or Cheesecake. So I decided to buy 2 Churro's from Costco since its right next door to Chipotle. I love Costco's food and 2 Churro's were only $2.20, you can't beat that. After we ate dessert it was time to watch our favorite show RHOA (Real Housewives of Atlanta)!!! All my ladies know about this show and I know everyone loves it to. Last nights show was to funny with NeNe being the director of the photo shoot, Kim and Lisa meeting to talk, and Sharee fake crying when having lunch with Kandi. I won't give the entire show away because I don't know who didn't get a chance to see it yet. So after the RHOA it was time for me to leave it was hot and I was to sleepy, I didn't want to leave baby Bri she is to cute and either I'm getting attached or my maternal jones is itching. All in all I had a great time with my friend and she is one of those people who makes me appreciate the realness of a friendship. Love ya Tiff! As I get home I think I'm a getting ready to go to sleep since its damn near 12am but to my surprise my Uncle was sleep on the couch and needed a ride to work. Of course I took him, the things you do for family. If you have any suggestions on places to eat or would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" mother ship hit me at ashleymarie729@gmail.com . In closing I would like to talk about Love, webster's dictionary describes Love as: A strong positive emotion of regard and affection, Any object of warm affection or devotion, A beloved person; used as terms of endearment, A deep feeling of sexual desire and attraction. These are just a few meanings, love is one of the emotions we've all experienced and we know that love is an unconditional emotion. Love is something that should be taken seriously but at times isn't. I feel like there is no greater love then the love of a mother to a child, a child to a parent, the love of a sibling/family member, the love between a man and a woman and the love between true and real best friends. Love is an emotion that shouldn't and doesn't have to be sad, hurtful, mean, bitter or ugly. Love is happy, smiling, warm, kind and careful but loving someone at times might mean letting them go because loving them isn't loving you. Love shouldn't be complicated it should be easy and peaceful, if you find yourself loving someone and you loose the love for yourself its time to let go. There is so much love to spread around I don't know how or why people want to hate. But that's the way of the world, " Love is the one thing that constant and keeps giving back to those who give it" until next week (pounds) -Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment