Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wednesday Dinner 9/23/09





























Well, well, well its Thursday and for me the weekly went very rapidly! I hope all of you are having a FAB week, I know I am. I am coming of a week high! I have a good week thus far and can't complain. I do want to take a minute to thank the person who sent me flowers to my job on Monday, once again thanks. The flowers were lovely! Now moving right along, as usual I had plans for this week with my buddy Justin Bobby we were suppose to hang out and go somewhere I've been trying to go all summer practically. But in true "Wednesday Dinner" fashion a boomerang came my way. My cousin Brittany will be turning 25 this Saturday and she wanted all of "The Cousins" to get together and have dinner in honor of her birthday. So I was all in! "The Cousins" consist of myself, Melissa, Brittany, Mikey, Marc and Dominick. Dominick was unable to make it because of school but the rest of us were down for the cause. Brittany wanted to go somewhere good, inexpensive and have Mexican food. I don't know what it is with my family but we all really like Mexican food, she also wanted to pick a place that was in the middle for everyone to meet at since we would be meeting during the week. I was totally siked to see all of my cousins since I hadn't seen them in a while, we've all been so busy with work, school, and of course everyone is working on there own personal & business things. So anytime we all get to catch up its all good! Since this week is about Brittany let me give you a little background on her: She is my uncle Mickey's middle child, growing up her & my sister Melissa where very close, my cousin Mikey is her baby brother and she owns her own clothing line "The Lady and The Sailor". Her clothing line consist of tee's, tanks, cardi's and most recently hoodies, her clothes are available at Madison, Fred Segal and a wide range of other stores from LA to Chicago and Hawaii. Over the summer there was an article about her clothing line (www.dailycandy.com/chicago/article/.../Sea+It+to+Believe+It) check it out. We are all so proud of her as business is BOOMING! And the items are so cute!!!! Last night she gave me one of the new Hoodies and it is just FAB (thanks Britt). Anywho Brittany decided we would all have dinner at 7pm at El Coyote (http://www.elcoyotecafe.com/index_lo.html?detectflash=false). I arrived a little late due to LA traffic in that area, so by the time I arrived they were already seated and everyone had at least one shot of Patron! It was great to see everyone and Brittany's boyfriend Josh was there also. Josh and Brittany have been dating for a few years now & I swear he fits right in with our family! About 5 minutes after I got there Melissa arrived and it was time to get the party started. Brittany, Marc & Josh ordered Ultimate Margarita's, Mikey a Shirley Temple (he's not 21 yet :-( , I had a Strawberry Margarita & Melissa had a Tanqueray & Tonic. While we were drinking we were all catching up and of course talking about family, our cousins wedding in Colorado coming up and a whole bunch of other things. By now it was time to order and her is what everyone got:

Brittany- #1 (Cheese Enchilada, Fish Taco, rice & beans)
Josh- #1 (Cheese Enchilada, Fish Taco, rice & beans)
Mikey- #7 (2 Chicken Enchiladas, Carnitas Taco(ala carte), rice & beans)
Ashley- #1 (Cheese Enchilada, Chicken Taco, rice & beans)
Marc- #5 (2 Chile Rellono's, Tamale, rice & beans)
Melissa - Salad & Cheese Quesadilla

El Coyote is one of LA's best kept secrets, I think when it comes to Mexican food. The service is always great and the food is well priced, I've never had a bad experience there & I would like to keep it that way. Located in the heart of the Fair Fax district off of Beverly, serving all of your favorite traditional Mexican dishes along with great chips & salsa and crazy cheap Margarita's what could be better. During dinner we continued talking, we talked about childhood memories, and grandma. But mostly all of our childhood memories we shared together, we all cracked a few jokes here & there. All in all it was a GREAT TIME! I am certain Brittany enjoyed herself. After we ate Brittany got a little surprise at the table, they came over and sung her Happy Birthday & at the end I noticed that called her "Ponchita"? I am still trying to google that and get a definition Hahaha! Josh told them it was her birthday (how sweet). Also Josh was kind enough to pick up the bill for dinner, so I can't give a total because I am not sure how much dinner was (thanks Josh). So after dinner we all decided to go to Crumb Cupcakes ( http://www.crumbs.com/). From El Coyote Crumbs is about 5 mins away, located in the heart of Larchmont Village. Crumbs is a small bake shop with 2 tables outside, it wasn't crowded last night. However all the good cupcakes were gone! and everyone wasn't to excited about what they got. We all ordered separately so I was only able to track what Melissa & I got:

Ashley- Chocolate Vanilla & Hazel Nut Latte
Melissa- Boston Cream & Green Tea

My experiences at Crumb were always good up until last night, but I will not go in on them. I will give them a pass because it was late, so next time we'll just have to go early to get the good ones or go to Yummy cupcakes (my favorite place). Crumbs has about 50 different cupcake flavors, along with serving cookies, brownies, & cheesecake. We were all able to sit outside and eat our cupcakes & continued having good times & laughs. I think by this time Brittany was a little buzzed with her 2 shots of Patron ( oh yea she had another before the food came out out) & her Margarita. We all said our goodbyes & everyone hopped in their cars & went their separate ways. All in all it was another GREAT "Wednesday Dinner" there's nothing like good food, laughs all while doing it with your family! If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" track or have a suggestion of where I should grub next drop me a line ashleymarie729@gmail.com. In closing I would like to talk about confidence, confidence is defined as a firm belief in anyone or anything. Confidence is not something we get over night, its something we grow into & grow up to appreciate. Some people have an effortless confidence about themselves & others not so much. Some people are just confident people in any & everything they do or say, others find doubt in being confident & are often haunted by insecurities. Whatever the case may be be confident in yourself and in your abilities, because you will be amazed at what you can do when have believe in yourself. Confidence is not found on face book, twitter, bad relationships, or anything fake or negative. Confidence should be positive & it should come off that way, there is never a need to obnoxious or ostentatious. Never look for someone or something to give you confidence! Until next week, HUGS -Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment