Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 1/13/10

Good morning dolls!!!!! And Happy Thursday, I hope all of you are feeling good and looking forward to the end of another work week. I am so tired do to last nights "Wednesday Dinner" excursion. So I will let the "Wednesday Dinner" story begin. I had been following and trying to catch up with this food truck I have been following on Twitter. I am not sure if any of you are familiar with the Kogi BBQ Truck (http://kogibbq.com/), they are a Korean BBQ truck with a twist on comfort food favorites like taco's, burritos, quesadilla's, etc. Basically you have to follow this truck on Twitter to know where they are going to be and clearly the stars must have been in my favor because they were finally close to where I live. Last night they were parked in Carson which is about 20 mins away from where I live, the only problem was that they weren't going to be in Carson until 10:30pm. Many of you know I never eat that late especially during the week, so this was a stretch for me. But I made it there at 10:30pm only to find that I played myself with arriving right at 10:30pm. Since Shelby was up, I decided to bring her with me because she is just like me when it comes to food. So when we got there at 10:30pm I noticed there was a line that was out of this freakin world!!!! There where so many college kids out there that it was ridiculous, at one point I was just ready to throw in the towel and come back home but I thought to myself "Your already here". While Shelby and I were standing in line we befriended a gentleman who at first Shelby was making fun of. Shelby was clowin this guy because he was playing music from his phone which was loud enough for everyone to hear and Shelby noticed that this dude was like almost 30 years old. But this guy was pretty helpful but once he started talking he actually kind of struck me as a little weird because he was holding conversations with my 17 year old sister. Anyway he gave us suggestions on what to try since this was our first time visiting the Kogi Truck. We were standing in line for about 45 mins and we saw and caught some pretty random stuff, I was so mad at Shelby because she didn't bring her video camera. But the most random thing we saw last night was a dude playing a Ukulele, that was hilarious to me and what was also funny was that Shelby knows the sound of a Ukulele. So it was finally our turn and here is what we ordered:


7 Taco's (6 Short Rib, 1 Chicken)
Sliders
Sweet Chili Chicken Quesadilla w/ Salsa Naranja


The food is reasonably priced, Taco's are $2, Sliders are $5 and you get 2 and the Quesadilla is anywhere from $5-$7. The food came up to $32.95 which wasn't bad, I was a little disappointed last night because by the time I got to the window to order they were out of Tres Leches. Tres Leches is their dessert special for the week, but now that I think about it I am kind of glad I didn't get any dessert because I probably would have been up all night. I have visited a few food trucks and it’s clear that the Kogi truck is in high demand and has a huge following. The food was good, I liked everything we ordered the only thing I could have done with out was the salsa on the quesadilla we should have just ordered a plain chicken quesadilla. I learned a good lesson last night, which is the next time I am going to try and catch a food truck especially the Kogi truck I need to be there at least a hour ahead of the arrival time. I would strongly suggest that you get familiar with the Kogi Truck because as of right now they are killing the food truck game. If you would like to get a "Wednesday Dinner" golden ticket drop me a line at wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and also follow me on Twitter, www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I want to talk about the tragedy in Haiti, lets all do something to help out, weather is a donation of money, clothes or time. Please visit http://www.yele.org/ and/or  www.redcross.org/ to get more information on what you can do to help. Also I would like to say RIP Teddy Pendergrass and "It's all good loving somebody when somebody loves you back". Until next week Love, Peace and Soul-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment