Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 1/27/10

Good Morning my loves!!!!! And welcome to yet another day and another chance to do what we didn't do yesterday! I hope you are all doing well and are well rested in your mind, body and spirit. Yesterday was just a day of craziness for "Wednesday Dinner", my original plan was to go eat with my friend from high school Tiffany A. but yesterday afternoon Tiffany emailed me and said that she dropped her phone in the elevator shaft at work and we will have to reschedule. I felt so bad for Tiffany (and I will be checking on her this afternoon, I hope she got that phone thing squared away). So then I decided to take my BFF Tiffany D. out because her birthday just passed on Tuesday the 26th, but Tiffany was waiting for one of her ex co-workers to stop by and visit with her and the baby (but the co-worker never showed up-SHAME) so I was kind of lost. By the time I got home from work for some strange reason I wasn't very hungry, so I pitter pattered around for a little while and I decided I would go see my little brothers (Brandon & Ryan) play basketball. Both of them attend Hamilton High and they are both seniors, yesterday Hamilton played Fairfax (and I saw my cousin Taelor at the game too- Hey Tootie (if your reading this)). Since I've been out of high school which has been 10 years that was the first sporting event I've attended since graduating. The game was amazing my brothers played great and almost won, they lost by 3 points (final score 63-60). I am not sure of anyone who went to Hamilton has attended any of they're games but they have a Mascot now, and it is hilare!!! This kid dresses up like a real Yankee and goes balls to the walls. I was like what the hell we didn't have a Mascot when I went here, but anyway on a side note I'd like to give a "Shout Out" to all my little homies at Hamilton graduating this year (Shelby, Brandon, Ryan, Maya, Amber, Toi,) I see ya'll. So after the game it was time to eat, by the time the game was over it was 8pm and that was late but Momma Bear was hungry. So since I was in the Hamilton area I started thinking, thinking, thinking and I decided to go to "Daphne's" Greek Cafe (http://www.daphnesgreekcafe.com/) in good old downtown Culver City. I had never been to Daphne's but I had been wanting to try it, so here is what I ate:


Fire Feta Hummus & Grilled Pita Starter
Street Gyro& Chicken Kabob Plate (with Greek Salad & Rice)
Baklava
Green Tea Peach Iced Tea

Ok so Daphne's has this recession special because everything except for the drink was $7.00, its part of they're "3 Courses for $7.00". When I saw that I was like huh? all of the food there is reasonably priced but I felt like this was the best way to go since this was my first time eating there, this gave me more bang for my buck and I'm always down with that. Including my drink my entire meal was $9.64 (WHAT-in my Lil John voice); I am so rollin with that. I liked Daphne's a lot because it was super clean and the Manager/Cashier was overly nice, I also like when you eat out at a cafe or something and they serve you on real plates with real silverware (I don't like dinning at a place on plastic). So when my food came out, they brought it to me and it was time to grub!!!!! Everything from start to finish was DELISH!!!! The Hummus was bomb!!! I just started eating Hummus about 3 years ago and I usually go to the Farmer's Market to get it, but this was the right amount and it was YUMO! The Gyro, Kabob, Salad, and Rice where also on bomb.com status! To top everything off was the Baklava and that was YUMO too! I was soooo FULL and at the same time very impressed, also I loved, loved, LOVED my Iced Tea. I really don't drink a lot of soda, hardly ever so when I saw the Green Peach Iced Tea I was on it. I had never heard of that type of Ice Tea or seen it anywhere so I tried it and fell in love with it; it’s made by Lipton so I'm going to find out where I can buy it. All in all dinner was DELISH and I will be going back to Daphne's real soon. If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" flight or have any suggestions drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com. In closing I would like to leave you with this "There is Triumph in every Tragedy" until next week Peace Out-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment