Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 1/6/10


Good Morning my loves and Happy New Year!!!!!!! I am finally back from my little blogging vacay, I hope you all are doing well and this New Year has started off great for you. It has been for me until this morning, the Pacer is giving me some problems but I will get through today and deal with that damn car later. As I mentioned before I plan on making this blog way better than it was last year so let the "Wednesday Dinner" story begin. This week for dinner I finally caught up with my girl Tati, Tati and I met through a mutual friend named Maurice (he has a blog also check it out: http://mbhall.blogspot.com/). Tati and I had been trying to meet up for dinner since I started this blog but time just wasn't in our favor so I decided that she would be one of the first people in 2010 that I went to dinner with. A while ago Tati had mentioned The Boiling Crab to me as one of the places I should try, so after much thought and viewing the menu that's where we decided to go. The Boiling Crab (http://www.theboilingcrab.com/) is not local by any means, most of its locations are further out in California. The one we decided to go to was the one in Garden Grove which is one of they're biggest and most popular locations. Upon arriving there I noticed that there was a plethora of people standing outside which for me was not a good sign after being on the freeway for 40 minutes I was ready to eat. I met Tati outside and her and her friend Tammy where walking up, Tati told me that she called and they told her that the wait was at least 1 hour (WHAT THE?????). So I went inside and placed my name on the list (Ashley party of 3) Hahaha. At this time it wasn't looking to good for us, I was told the wait was anywhere from an hour and a half to an hour and forty-five minutes (ARE YOU SHITING ME???) is what I was thinking. But I drove way too far to turn around and go home. While waiting I noticed that there were a lot of young people waiting and a lot of young people working for The Boiling Crab, which explains why they're customer service SUCKED! While waiting for a table Tati, Tammy and I had a little girl talk, about the usual men and dating. I found that Tati and I are very similar with our views when it comes to dating men, so after girl talk we all couldn't get over the fact that we were still hungry and we had been waiting way to long. So we decided to walk over to The Boiling Crab To Go which is in the same area as the restaurant this is just for people who want to take their food home or eat outside. So we placed our orders and here is what I had:

1lb shrimp
1lb King Crab Legs
2 corns & 6 Sausages
Seasoned with The Whole Sha-bang Mild Style


The way The Boiling Crab serves they're food is like Crab Boil style, everything season and in a bag and you eat on paper with your fingers. This is all fine with me and would have been much better had I not had nails! My food came up to $36.13 which wasn't bad for the amount of food I got and I still have some left over!!! I was so hungry and all over the place that I didn't get a chance to take a picture of what Tati and her friend got to eat. So since we were ordering to go the only solution to eating our food was to eat outside. I am not sure if any of you where outside yesterday night but it was BRICK ASS COLD. But I was determined to eat my food, so I got paper to lay on the table a bib and went to work, Tati left Tammy and I and went back down to The Boiling Crab restaurant and was determined to get us a table. I wasn't wasting or waiting anymore so I opened my bag and started eating while I was eating Tammy noticed that Tati was trying to call her, Tati had gotten us a table at the restaurant so we bagged up our food and walked down there. At this point it was late and we had been waiting two hours to sit down and eat so I wasn't playing any games. The whole time I was eating I don't think I said anything, I was in heaven the food was hot and well seasoned!! Tati and Tammy seemed to be satisfied as well, they had been there many times before but it was my first time. I don't think I will be going back to The Boiling Crab to eat but I will definitely do the To Go thing. I was so full that dessert wasn't an option and by the time we left it was 9:30pm and I still had to make it to the Gym (oh yea, I'm working on my fitness). All in all the food was good and a great way to start my 2010 "Wednesday Dinner". If you have any suggestions on where I should go next or what to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" spaceship drop me a line wedenesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and don't forget to follow me on Twitter (www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner). In closing I will leave you with this quote "Pettiness has no value" until next week Bon Voyage-Ashley

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the boiling crab dont get me wrong but their customer service has gone down the drain the get a big fat F................ good food tho :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to also add Ashley you have really taken you blog to the next level i love it keep up the good work girly!

    ReplyDelete