Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 3/10/10

Good Morning my loves and happy Thursday!!!!!!!! So glad that we have all made it through another week and we all got a chance to witness life and be a part of life. This week has been great for me, I've learned something’s about myself and I am realizing that it’s not that heavy and life does go on so move on! This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was simple as far as the food choice but awesome as far as my guest choice! Yesterday I had dinner with my BEST friend in the whole world Tiffany Dawson, Tiffany and I haven't done a "Wednesday Dinner" since the summer. I mean we hang out a lot but we just haven't done a "Wednesday Dinner". Tiffany had been hounding me about going to the Olive Garden for about 3 months now so yesterday I was like what the hell, let’s just go. So off to the Olive Garden http://www.olivegarden.com/ we went. The fun and laughter started as soon as we got in the car together, Tiffany and I have this awesome friendship where we get each other and I mean we really get each other. We both have the same sense of humor and we are both going through a lot of the same things as far as dating and just being women so Tiff this one is for you (LOVE YOU DOLL). We got to Olive Garden pretty early since we went straight from when I got off work; I think we got there at 5pm which was great for me because I really don't like eating late anymore. Anyway Olive Garden was pretty packed for a week night and an early week night for that matter, we waited about 5 minutes and then we were seated. Our waitress was so BOMB she was friendly, polite and on point (Thanks Bree)! I will be calling today and speak to her manager to compliment her. After looking over the menu for all of 5 minutes Tiff and I were ready to order and here is what we started with:


2 Glasses of Castello Del Poggio Moscato (Sparkling Moscato)
Bread Sticks
Olive Gardens Famous Salad
Caprese Flatbread

Tiff and I both LOVE, LOVE the sparkling moscato and when we took our 1st sip we both looked at each other like "We soooo needed this". The wine is so sweet and refreshing it’s my personal favorite. Over our appetizers we talked, laughed and reminisced about all of our craziness over the years. Tiff and I have been friends since the 3rd grade so if you do the math it’s been 21 years we've known each other (DAMN GINA) that’s along time but I wouldn't trade it for anything. After we finished our appetizers it was time to order dinner and here is what we got:

Four Cheese Stuffed Pansotti with Chicken

Ordering was hilarious, Tiff is very simple with what she likes once she likes something she LIKES IT, I am the opposite I'll try something new. Tiff was originally going to get her usual (Chicken Alfredo) but she decided to try something different which was I got and she was very pleased. Over dinner the laughs just kept coming we had such a good time so good that we almost drank a whole bottle of wine. All of the food was DELISH, especially the Four Cheese Stuffed Pansotti with Chicken it was nice and hot and cheesy, saucy and just all around DELISH. I also enjoyed the Caprese Flatbread and the salad. I love fresh salad and hot food which is exactly what Olive Garden had to offer last night. I have never had a bad word to say about the Olive Garden I was especially pleased with the service and with the food. The only thing I don't like is that what we ordered is only there for a limited time other than that everything this was GREAT. Tiff and I went balls to the walls last night for dinner because we also ordered dessert and here is what we had:

Torta di Chocolate

In laymen terms it’s similar to a chocolate lava cake but this cake has no sugar added (WHAT) and we couldn't even tell it was amazing. It was warm, gooey it was DELISH. Served with vanilla custard and fresh strawberries this dessert hit the spot even though it was good I would have preferred to have it served with vanilla ice cream but it was still an amazing dessert. After dinner Tiff and I were beyond FULL, she was ready to go home and go to sleep and so was I. I want to thank Tiff for coming out and having dinner, love you mucho. Dinner came up to a grand total of $78.58 which wasn't bad because we had a ball!!!! If you would like to participate in the "Wednesday Dinner" festivities drop me a line
wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "Give a person enough rope to pull you close or hang themselves". Until next week be breezy -Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment