Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 3/17/10

Good Morning honey bunches of sunshine, and so it is; another week and we have been given chances to make progress, I hope you did! This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was for all my L.A. folks. This week I met up with my best friend Tiffany again at one of my favorite places, "Arts Wings & Things". If you've ever driven down Crenshaw Blvd then you've seen "Arts Wings & Things", its located between Mavericks Flat and the Liquor Bank and it can't be missed. "Arts" specializes in wings and tempura style fried vegetables, they also serve other things such as tacos and burgers but I only mess with the wings. I have been going to "Art's" for over 10 years, I remember in high school I would go everyday and get the lunch special, I remember it was; 10 wings. 5 piece veggies or fries, and a drink for $5.50. Boy has times changed they still offer the lunch special but I think it’s around $8.00 now. In my opinion "Arts" is the number one wing spot in Los Angeles; I prefer it over "Wing Stop" and any other wing place. So here is what Tiff and I ordered:


20 Piece (Mombo BBQ)
5 Piece Fried Broccoli
12 Piece Mixed Fried Veggies
1 order of Fries
2 Hawaiian Punches

Tiff and I decided to eat our food there, and I swear every time I sit in "Art's" to eat my food I get nervous. I feel like they could get robbed at anytime, I just get that feeling when I am in there. With a strict operation they don't play no games in "Arts", there is no public restroom, and asking for anything extra is kind of on the "you better not” side. I have formed some kind of relationship with the lady who owns the place, so it’s kind of cool if I need to ask for something extra (hahahaha). Waiting for the food can take anywhere from 10-20 minutes if you don't call your order in, we waited about a good 15 minutes which wasn't bad because the food was hot and fresh. So now it was time to eat and boy did we, the Mombo flavored wings are the best and my favorite. They have this sweet bbq taste but nothing like any other bbq flavor I've had before. The fries are skinny, crispy and lightly seasoned with seasoning salt. The fried veggies are to die for too, the mixed veggies include fried broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini and mushrooms and those are delish too. Accompanied by their ranch dressing this was like the perfect "Wednesday Dinner" for yesterday. Over dinner Tiff and I were just chit chatting, catching up on this week. Dinner was very short, one thing about "Art's" is that you don't want to stay in there too long because you might see something crazy or continue to feel like your going to get robbed. All in all "Art's" is the #1 wing spot in L.A. and all my L.A. folk know what I'm talking about, we were so full that we had enough food to take home for left overs. Unfortunately "Art's" doesn't have a website but drive down Crenshaw and you'll see it, they all acceot EBT cards so you already know! Hahaha!. If you would like to ride in the "Wednesday Dinner" car drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twittter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional". Until next week 2 fingas- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment