Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 3/3/10

Good Morning my loves, and so it is Thursday and we have made it to yet another day and we are all looking forward to the weekend. With rain in the forecast, I want everyone to be safe, have fun but take it easy out there on the streets. This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was very special to me, this week I met up with my cousin Chanel. Chanel and I haven't had dinner since last year, so yesterday it was all about Chanel and I. Chanel and I met at "Father's Office (http://www.fathersoffice.com/), "Father's Office has two locations one in Culver City and the other one is in Santa Monica. Chanel and I met at the Culver City location which is off of Venice and Helms. "Father's Office" is very sheik, modern, and kind of exclusive in a sense, I say exclusive because their menu is not posted, you must be 21 to dine there, no taking photo's of food is allowed, they don't serve ketchup and its not your average restaurant. When I arrived I noticed the outside has a club appeal to it, with red carpet, ropes and someone standing to check your id, I was really interested to see what this place was all about. I heard about "Father's Office" from my cousin, but I am not sure if she has been there. The seating there is 1st come, 1st serve and they do not take reservations, but do have seating inside and outside. Ordering food is something else that was a lot different then what I am use to, all orders are taken at the bar at which time you can view the menu and daily specials. Looking at the menu you realize that this would be a new experience for you with items from mussels, to beet and goat cheese something or another to a good old fashion cheeseburger. However this is not your usual cheeseburger, with being warned by the waitress "All of our items come as they are, you can not make any changes". So my gut along with Chanel's decided to go for what we knew and we ordered:


Office Burger and Frites ( aka Fries)

Chanel was going to be kind enough to pick up my tab for dinner but I am not sure the waitress heard her, so I will be taking Chanel up on that offer next time. Chanel had a glass of wine and I ordered a ginger ale, my total came up to $17.50 which included my burger, fries and drink. After we got done ordering we went back to our seats and waited for the food to arrive, within 10 minutes Chanel's food came out and my followed shortly after. This was not your usual cheeseburger!!!!!!! Served on a french roll with gruyere cheese, arugula lettuce and caramelized onions this was a taste I would definitely fall in love with. The frites aka fries were sprinkled lightly with parsley and served with a garlic aioli sauce for dipping, these fries were just right it was the perfect off setting to accompany the cheeseburger. Over dinner Chanel and I talked about so much: of course Taelor (her daughter) and her prom date and her college choices, we talked about relationships, family and most importantly my new hair cut!!!!!!! As many or most of you know Chanel has been doing my hair for almost 20 years (damn I am getting OLD, hahaha). I have decided its time for something new so I will be cutting my hair soon! As I was talking to Chanel over dinner I noticed a different type of dynamic in our relationship now, it’s not like big cousin and little cousin its more like woman to woman. I am not sure if she noticed it but I am feeling more mature these days in my speech and in the way I carry myself (tooting my own horn for a minute, hahaha). After dinner we were both kind of jonesing for dessert, however "Father's Office" couldn't help us with that because they don't offer any dessert. I kind of had a sweet tooth but that burger did the trick for me, I was FULL. As we were leaving "Father's Office" really started to pick up and when I looked up the place was PACKED, I guess the recession is OVER. Anytime Chanel and I get together it is always awesome (Thanks for dinner, I had a great time). I will definitely be going back to "Father's Office" for the office burger and frites; I strongly suggest you try the same thing if you like burgers. If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" Roster drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this “Love the life you live and live the life you love". Until next week, ONE Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment