Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 3/24/10

Good Morning Dolls and Happy Thursday!!!!!! Whew this morning has been a little crazy but the day must go on! I am sooooooo EXCITED for this weekend, tomorrow I will be watching my boo Jay-Z perform and I can't wait!!!!! This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was special, I had dinner with my Grandma and my Sister. I haven't had dinner with my Grandma since last year and dinner with Melissa wasn't that long ago. My Grandma put an APB out on me 2 weeks ago wanting to go to dinner because she had all these gift certificates she needs to use by the end of March. When I called her 2 weeks ago she mentioned she had gift certificates to my all time favorite place "PF Changs" http://www.pfchangs.com/, I didn't waste anytime asking her when she wanted to go. So we made arrangements to have dinner yesterday. On Tuesday my Grandma mentioned to me that she felt bad for not inviting Melissa and would I ask Melissa if she wanted to join us, of course Melissa was more than glad to join us. Melissa coming actually worked out in my favor, she was able to pick Grandma up since I work down the street from "PF Chnags" (Beverly Hills) it was so easy for me to leave work and head straight there. It was so funny that Melissa and I met in the parking lot at the same time (hahaha). When we arrived at PF Changs there was no wait and we were seated in no time, I was so hungry and I couldn't wait to order and eat. Anyone who knows me knows that "PF Changs" is my favorite, FAVORITE restaurant and I can never get enough of it. Melissa says that "PF Changs" never taste the same to her and my Grandma knew what she was ordering. Melissa suggested that I do the ordering and she would just eat (classic Melissa). It was time to start with an appetizer but before I tell you what we ordered let me tell you; "PF Changs" has happy hour 7 days a week from 3pm-6pm and its not just in the bar area but you can also eat in the dining room. Drinks and appetizers rang from $3-$6, you can't beat that. So to start, we ordered:


CRAB WONTONS -Crunchy wonton filled with rock crab meat and served with a side of spicy plum sauce

I was so hungry and didn't realize that I ate 4 out of the 6 crab wontons (WOW). We didn't order any drinks I don't know about my Grandma & Melissa but I wasn't really in the mood to drink, we had waters all around. Here is just a little tip when going out if you are going to order water; make sure you ask for lemon on the side. Lemon kills all the bacteria that might be in your water (you can thank me later). The crab wontons are one of my favorite appetizers; I always order them when I go to "PF Changs". After literally demolishing the wontons it was time to order dinner and here is what we had:

PEPPER STEAK-Quickly cooked steak with red and green bell peppers, yellow onion, garlic and black pepper


CHANG'S SPICY CHICKEN-Lightly dusted and stir-fried in a sweet Sichuan sauce. Our version of General Tso's and always a favorite


P.F. CHANG'S FRIED RICE-Wok-fried rice blended with egg, soy and sliced scallions. Choice of vegetable, beef, pork, chicken or shrimp


GARLIC NOODLES-Egg noodles tossed with garlic and chili peppers

When the food came out it was PIPING HOT and I love that!!! Yesterday was my first time trying the pepper steak and I will say I will definitely order it again it was delish. The changs spicy chicken is one of "PF Changs" signature items and it is so good, with just right amount of spiciness to it. The fried rice is a classic and I always get the combination (shrimp, chicken & beef) and the garlic noodles are my new favorite!!! In my opinion these are the best garlic noodles ever. I have never had a bad experience at "PF Changs" and I am glad! Let me re track that I haven't always had the best experience with the wait staff but I have never had one complaint about anything that I've ordered. Over dinner we talked about age, Easter and memories, I am so fortunate to have my Grandma around!!!! She will be 85 this year and she looks amazing! She is walking, talking and in her right state of mind, what more could I ask for and not to mention she is hilarious! Whenever she finds something that she likes she refers to it as "The BOMB". I love my Grandma. After dinner there was still a little room for dessert. My Grandma is the Queen of dessert; she has the biggest sweet tooth I think that’s where I get mine from because no matter what time of day it is she can always go for something sweet. After looking over the dessert menu we were ready to order again and here is what we had:

NEW YORK-STYLE CHEESECAKE-Served with fresh berries and raspberry sauce


FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE DOME-Served with fresh berries and raspberry sauce

OMG! Can I just say that after eating these desserts I now have another reason to LOVE "PF Changs". I was in love and in heaven while I was eating these desserts, of course we decided to share them and honestly I could've probably eaten both of those cakes by myself that’s how good they were. The cheesecake was HUGE, fluffy and creamy; it was served with fresh berries and raspberry sauce. It was probably one of the best cheesecakes I've had in a while next to Harriet’s. Up next was the chocolate dome, OMG this chocolate dessert was amazing and it’s not made with any flour and you can't even tell. It was rich, thick and sooooo chocolaty it melted in your mouth, also served with fresh berries it was DELISH! All in all dinner was amazing and anytime I can spend with my Grandma works for me. I love and her and thank her for dinner and all that she has done for me. Melissa too, love you boo! I am sure that many of you have been to "PF Changs" but if by chance you haven’t been you need to GO like right now or if you know someone who hasn't been take them like right now. If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" cheer team drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "There's no time for celebration, there’s to much work to do". Until next week 1 love- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment