Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 5/12/10

Gooooood Morning and so it is Thursday again, and you are reading another one of my amazing food blogs (hahahaha). But anyway, I hope all is well and that things are going great for you. This week I've been really unbalanced but now I've put things in perspective and I am feeling much better. This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was at one of my favorite places and with one of my favorite food buddies S.(Dot) aka Stephanie. I have been trying to get back to this place for a minute since Stephanie and I hadn't gone together in like a year. So last night we had dinner at "The Counter" (http://www.thecounterburger.com//). "The Counter" is a very sheik and hip build your own burger restaurant/bar serving burgers, fries, along with beer and wine only. They have quite a few locations through out Southern California and their most recent location is in L.A. on Sunset. Stephanie and I met at the one in El Segundo, when we arrived it wasn't too crowded but it wasn't empty either. There was no wait and I noticed that they had a DJ in the corner playing all the hip hop jams, it was crazy but I enjoyed it. "The Counter" has a little menu for you fill out with what you want on your burger and they have a selection of pre made burgers also. They also serve chili cheese fries, sweet potato fries, onion strings, burger in a bowl, shakes and some dessert items. I was STARVING last night, for the past 2 days I was dieting so my mouth was watering and I was ready to grub. It took Stephanie and me no time to decide what we were going to have on our burgers so here is what we ate:


Ashley- 1/3lb Turkey Burger with Swiss Cheese, Organic Lettuce Mix, Tomato, Grilled Onions, Avocado, Pickles and Russian Dressing on a English Muffin


Stephanie- 2/3lb Beef Burger (well done) Lettuce, Tomato, Grilled Onions, Avocado, Pickles and Russian dressing on a Wheat Bun


1/2 French Fries & 1/2 Onion Strings

At "The Counter" they have 3 different sizes of meat; 1/3lb, 2/3lb and 1lb, I was hungry but I didn't want to over do it so the 1/3lb was just enough for me. We also shared fries and onion strings. I love the fact that the "The Counter" has so many different items for you to top your burger with for example; grilled pineapple, jalapenos, salsa, fried egg, bacon and many other options. They also serve chicken and veggie patties along with the beef and turkey. The waitress was cool the only thing I didn't like was that they brought out our fries and onion strrings before the food came out, we explained that we wanted them with our burgers and then the onion strings and fries were brought out 2 more times before they got the message. OMGeeeeeeeee my burger was soooooo good; I was in heaven once I took my first bite. Everyone knows I prefer turkey burgers over beef and this was a reminder of why I do. The turkey patty was seasoned well and all the toppings just flowed and made this burger YUMBO. Although trying my burger on an english muffin was a first but it was great. When my burger came out Stephanie said "That looks good" and it sure damn was! Stephanie's burger also looked good but it was a little big because she was only able to finish half (hahaha). The onion strings and fries were good I think next I am just going to stick with just fries. Over dinner Stephanie and I talked about relationships because that is what is consuming our lives right now (hahaha). And we just had all around girl talk. I was sooooo full and I thought I would have been able to finish my burger but sadly I didn't, I felt kind of crazy asking for a box because I literally had 1 bite left. I knew that last bite was going to be soooooo good later on last night but I never got it to I was so full I tossed and turned all night. Over all dinner was great, "The Counter" is one of those all purpose places its good for dates, family dinners, girl’s night, and guy’s night. "The Counter" is not expensive the total last night was $31.55 which is about $16-$18 per person including tax and tip. If you are not familiar with "The Counter" step your game up!!!! Thanks Stephanie for coming out!!! If you would like to join the "Wednesday Dinner" step team drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "You deserve what you tolerate" until next week 2 fingas- Ashley

1 comment: