Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 5/19/10

Gooooooood Morning and Happy Thursday!!!! I hope you are getting and enjoying all you can out of life!!! This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was all about me, it was short and straight to the food and that worked just fine for me. Yesterday I had Lunch-er (late lunch, early dinner) at "Versailles" (http://www.versaillescuban.com/menu_b.html), "Versailles is one of LA's most talked about Cuban Restaurants. I went to the one on La Cienega in Los Angeles, at night "Versailles" reminds me of something out of the movie Scarface. I have been trying to get back to "Versailles" for quite sometime but yesterday was the day and I am so glad that I went. I wasn't really in the mood to have luncher with anyone else, sometimes we all just need to spend quality time with ourselves and that was exactly how I was feeling. When I arrived at "Versailles" it wasn't to crowded but it wasn't too empty either, I was handed a menu and seated right away. While I was looking at the menu the waiter bought over some bread, now this bread was some type of french baquet and was buttered generously and had a hint of garlic to it. It was soft and toasty and was really good, by the time I looked up I had eaten 3 pieces of it and I was only given 4. So now it was time to place my order and here is what I ate:


7a Bistec de Pollo (Chicken Steak)- Tender chicken breast grilled to perfection topped with garlic sauce and garnished with white onions, served with rice, black beans and fried sweet plantains.

It took about 5-7 minutes for my food to come out and when it did a big smile came over me, I knew that this food was going to touch my pallet and I would be in heaven. The food came out and it was hot, smelled good and looked so yummy, I had to wait about 2 minutes after my food to get my black beans (why, I don't know) but that was fine because it gave my chicken a chance to cool down. I mixed my black beans and rice together for 2 reasons 1. it taste great together and 2. that 1 extra dish out of the way. The chicken looked just like it was described on the menu "grilled to perfection", topped with garlic sauce and white onions. The chicken was seasoned so well and so tender, with the onions, sauce, rice and beans I was in a foodie’s heaven at that moment. The plantains were soooo DELISH and another one of my favorites, because I didn't get that many with my meal I had to ration them out. I asked the waiter could I have 2 extra plantains (because really 2 more was really all I wanted) he told me I would have to order a side which came with about 9 pieces, ahhhhh no thanks. So I was pacing myself with luncher and before I knew it was FULL, I was able to conquer half of my meal and that was my limit. If I would have taken another bite I would have exploded at the table, the total for my food was $14.25 which in my opinion wasn't bad at all because I have left over’s. The service was good and I enjoyed my food. If you are not familiar with "Versailles"get familiar and get familiar QUICK! If you like cuban food there is no reason for you not to try this place; they have 5 locations in Southern California. Ladies and gentleman if you are trying to think outside of the box for a dinner date this would be a great place!!! All in all dinner was bomb.com and I will definitely be going back to "Versailles". If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" drill team drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. Spread the word about my blog!!!! In closing I would like to leave you with this "Expectation is a set up for disappointment" Until next week, it’s all love -Ashley

1 comment:

  1. yummmmmy!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for following :)

    I'll be looking forward to seeing all your yummy Wednesday Dinner posts! :)

    ~eboni ife'
    http://ifeluvsu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete