Thursday, May 27, 2010

Wednesday Dinner5/26/10


OH Good Morning and Happy Thursday!! Another day, another dollar! I am so tired and ready to enjoy my 4 day weekend; I hope you are looking forward to it too. FYI Summer is around the corner! Are you ready? Anyway this weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was old school style. I am not sure how many of you remember "Pioneer Chicken" (I know, I know). I remember "Pioneer Chicken" when I was a little kid, well unfortunately business for them was big in the 80's and 90's but then came along Louisiana Fried Chicken (hahaha). Most of the "Pioneer Chicken" locations have closed down, the only one that I know of now is the one that sits on San Vicente between Fairfax and Olympic. So let the "Wednesday Dinner" story begin: Yesterday I ate solo which was fine with me because lately I've just been in one of my moods (I'm feeling much better today). Upon walking in I noticed "Pioneer Chicken" was clean and empty and there was a meeting going on in the back, what type of meeting you ask. The health inspector was there grading them, and the grade given was a "B". Not sure what the grade was prior to the B, but I guess what I don't know won't hurt me. So it was time to order and here is what I ate:


No#5. 3 chicken strips, french fries, coleslaw, biscuit, and a drink

"Pioneer Chicken" has a lot going on on their menu (fish, shrimp, gizzards, and desserts) a little strange but I decided to stick to what I know. It took about 7 minutes for my food to come out and when it did it looked good. The only issue I had was that my fries were a little too crispy for my taste. The chicken strips were good they were nice size and seasoned well, the coleslaw was good, the biscuit was fresh and soft and the drink was yummy (Fanta Strawberry). To accompany my food I had hot sauce, ketchup and honey. "Pioneer Chicken" is ok; I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon. My total came to $7.50 which isn't bad for the amount of food I was given, the only suggestion I would give on visiting "Pioneer Chicken" would be just to remember your child hood, if you ever ate there as a child. If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" dream team drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "Too much of one thing is just that, too much". Until next week-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment