Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 6/23/10

Yooooooooooo! I hope you are up and doing something productive this morning and so it is you have made it to read another one of my fabulous blogs and for that I say thank you, thank you your far to kind. Anyway let the "Wednesday Dinner" story begin. Yesterday I was so tired that I forgot it was Wednesday and I was going to call dinner off. On Tuesday my baby sister Shelby graduated from High school (What's good Shelby) so Tuesday night I was up late and yesterday I was really sleepy. But I know I have to give you guys what you want so "Wednesday Dinner" did happen. My original plan was to go to dinner with Stephanie but she cancelled because she had a meeting to go to. Yesterday my friend JB hit me up to ask me where I was going, I told him and again it was me and him for dinner. Even though Stephanie cancelled I still wanted to go to the place her and I were going to go to which was "The Habit Burger Grill" (http://www.habitburger.com/), "The Habit Burger Grill" has 37 locations through out Southern California and was voted "Best Burger in Ventura County" on May 12th of this year. I decided to go to the location in El Segundo which sits on Sepulveda in a strip mall along with Walgreens, Wells Fargo and Chipotle. Arriving I noticed that "The Habit Burger Grill" was extremely clean and neat, it wasn't too crowded and the menu is exactly how it looks online. I was extremely interested in trying "The Habit Burger Grill" because of their prices, cheeseburgers starting at $2.95 and nothing on the menu is over $7.00 and the menu is very classic. Serving burgers, salads, sandwiches, fries, onion rings, and desserts (sundaes, shakes and cones). I swear this is a foodie’s heaven because burgers, fries and shakes are the all American meal. After standing in line for about 2 minutes looking at the menu I was ready to order and I had:


#1 Charburger with Cheese-well done (Includes fries and a regular drink)

JB waited about another 2 minutes after me to order and he had:

Teriyaki Charburger

The dining area was very clean and I noticed there was a family celebrating what appeared to be a grandfather’s birthday and a family dinner, JB and I and then a few more people came in ordering take out and there were a group of women dining outside. We waited about 5 minutes and our food came out and I was ready to dive in face first. My burger was oozing with cheese and looking at it, it was the perfect size not too big and not to small. All their burgers are served with lettuce, tomato, caramelized onions, mayo and pickles and that totally worked for me, cheese was extra and I was fine with that. I took the first bite and I was very pleased I didn't expect for this burger to have this classic taste to it (DELISH), the fries were in my opinion typical burger fries nothing special. I think I should have followed my first mind and got the onion rings, JB's burger looked good his had teriyaki sauce, pineapple, swiss cheese and lettuce, I tried to talk him into getting onion rings but he wasn't going for it. Over dinner JB and I talked about family, career moves, his business idea and life all around. I love talking to JB because I didn't know how much a like we are, it’s crazy but back to the food. My total for my meal was $7.08 and I think JB's burger came up to just a little under $4.00 which isn't bad at all; we both liked this place and agreed that we would both come back. I liked it because it has something on the menu for everyone, its cheap, it’s clean and they have outside seating which would be nice on a sunny L.A. day. It’s a cute place to go on a date also (hint hint). All in all dinner was great and thanks again JB for rolling with me, I was sooo FULL and I didn’t finish my burger of course I took it home and finished it later on yesterday day night. If you are not familiar with "The Habit Burger Grill" get familiar. If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" list drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "The great essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love and something to hope for" until next week I got nothing but love for you -Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment