Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 6/2/10

Bueno's Dias mi corazons!!!!!! I know it’s a little gloomy outside but get out and get on your GRIND. We have all made it to live to see another day so let's get it!!! This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was another solo mission and it was short. I had been hearing about this pizzeria on Melrose right across from Fairfax High School, "Tomato Pie" www.tomatopiepizzajoint.com/ for sometime. So yesterday I decided to try it out, I went straight from work because I work not to far from Melrose. "Tomato Pie" sits directly across the street from Fairfax high and it’s a very small pizza joint. Inside there is a bar like table that goes around and there is one table in the middle, there were 2 tables outside for sitting also. There were quite a few varieties of pizza to choose from but I decided to go with:

1 Slice of Sicilian Pizza with Pepperoni and Sausage
1 Slice of Cheese Pizza
1 Small Root beer

It was a little crowded inside "Tomato Pie" but maybe I thought that because that place is extremely small inside. I felt like I was being rushed when it was time to order and the cashier kept calling me "Sweetie" and that is like one of my biggest pet peeves. I honestly couldn't tell you what kind of pizza they serve because I really didn't get a chance to see. I noticed that they also serve cold deli like salads, and cheese cake, there was no menu posted anywhere you have to grab one and stand to the side and look at it and of course I didn't notice that until after I ordered. The cheese pizza was blah, I've had better, it was very thin and not that cheesy. The Sicilian pizza was more my speed, it was thick and cheesy, my total came up to $5.75 and that worked for me. In my opinion "Tomato Pie" is a place for high schoolers and stoners, like I said I've had better pizza. If you would like to get in the "Wednesday Dinner" address book drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "People do what they want to do and they don't do what they don't want to do". Until next week- Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment