Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 6/9/10

Good Morning!!!!!!! Happy Thursday and can you believe that summer is almost here?!?! I hope your ready and you plan on making it a memorable one. This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was special for me because I got to hang out with one of my closet male friends, JB. JB and I have been friends for quite a while and I must say that our friendship has matured and grown in ways I never thought possible. I can always count on JB to be there and to keep it real, so thanks JB!!!! JB had been telling me about this burrito spot that I needed to try so yesterday was the day that I did just that. JB and I went to "El Tepeyac”, "El Tepeyac" is located off the 10 in a small little community. It is truly one of those hole in the wall places, it’s located on a residential street and if your driving to fast you will surely miss it. Its very small inside, I'm guessing their maximum capacity is probably 25 people. When we arrived inside there was a family and a couple having dinner, but by the time we were leaving there were quite a few more people coming in to eat and to order take out. "El Tepeyac" also has outside seating as well. Since this was my first time going there I let JB order because this was his suggestion, so here is what we got:


Manuel Special Burrito with Chicken

"El Tepeyac" is famous for these HUGE Burritos that can feed up to 10 or more people; we ordered the one that can feed 2-4 people. The burrito is filled with shredded chicken, rice, beans and guacamole and topped with jack cheese and a tomato sauce. "El Tepeyac" doesn't have a website but check out this link to view the menu (http://losangeles.menupages.com/restaurants/el-tepeyac-cafe/). Our waitress was very sweet and attentive!!! There were 2 types of salsa that was brought out with the chips one green and one red and I have to say I prefer the green one over the red; the green one was more mild, chunky and flavorful. The red one was kind of chili based and thick (no thanks) but JB seemed to like that one. It took about 10 minutes for the burrito to come out and when it did I was in shock, this burrito was HUGE! I was so hungry but I knew that there was no way that JB and I were going to be able to eat the whole burrito; this was clearly a job for 4 people. So it was time for the 1st cut and it was mine, and I started to grub. This burrito was surprisingly good, although cutting it was a little messy. The burrito or "The Manuel Special" as some people call it isn't for chumps. This burrito isn't stingy, its filled with plenty of chicken, rice, beans and guacamole and believe it or not I was only able to eat my one piece, JB was able to eat a piece and a half. Over dinner JB and I talked about it all (relationships, work, family and everything else). This was JB's first "Wednesday Dinner" so I want to thank him for coming out (What up Boy!). JB and I have this unspoken respect for each other and for our friendship, I can always count on him to tell me the truth and not hold any thing back and I have always appreciated that about him and since I've known him he's always remained the same dude and we make eachother laugh and we did plenty of laughing lasy night. So thanks again JB for dinner! After my little piece of the burrito I was FULL and I had a slight case of the itis, all in all dinner was good. I recommend "El Tepeyac" to experience this burrito, if you watch the show Man vs. Food he's done a challenge there and that’s how JB found out about "El Tepeyac". Dinner came to a total of $26.00 which wasn't bad at all for 2 people and we had half of the burrito left over. If you would like to play in the "Wednesday Dinner" playground drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/ashamallie. In closing I would like to leave you with this "You can't have what you don't work for" until next week it’s all good -Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That burrito is HUGE!!! Looks good!

    soooo... how were the margaritas? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't serve alcohol (sad face) but the buritto was DELISH and can feed up to 4 people.

    ReplyDelete