Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 6/18/10

Hello, good morning (in my Diddy voice). Why the hell is it soooo gloomy outside, this weather makes me want to stay home in bed watching movies all day!!! But I can't live my life with out money so it’s another day at the office. This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was a solo mission, yesterday afternoon I was feeling so "California-ish". I think I was feeling that way because the sun was shining and right before I left work I was listening to Katy Perry's "California Girls" and I must say I have been a fan of Kate Perry and I am reminded why I like her with her new single. So yesterday I decided to drive out to Manhattan Beach and eat but unfortunately for me it wasn't that easy. Anyone who really knows me knows that I have a horrible since of direction and yesterday that was confirmed once again. I set out to go eat at "Wahoo's" (http://www.wahoos.com/), "Wahoo’s" is known for their fish tacos, and since I was feeling so California I thought this would be the perfect place to eat. After driving around in the same area for about 20 minutes I gave up on the location that is listed in Manhattan Beach, personally I don't think that location even exist because it was no where in sight. I remembered that there was another "Wahoo's" tucked away in good old faithful Torrance and that is were I drove to. Tucked away off of Torrance Blvd on a small side street behind the "new" Del Amo shopping center is "Wahoo's". "Wahoo's" is so Beach like, with stickers, surf boards on the walls and TV’s playing pro surfers you’re reminded of what California is really all about. Very clean inside and not to crowded I was able to walk right in and place my order:

#7 Chicken Teriyaki Bowl (with white rice and black beans)

"Wahoo's" wasn't crowded but it wasn't empty either, from what I noticed there were about 3 people there eating alone, a family having dinner, a couple tucked away on a date, and a mother and daughter eating dinner together. It took about 5 minutes for my food to come out and it smelled and looked GREAT. I've been to "Wahoo's" a few times and I always get the same thing and I have always been pleased with my food. Along with my bowl I like to get the "Wahoo's" Green Sauce and "Mr. Lee's Chili Sauce" mixing those two together and putting it on my food is the way to go! The chicken was seasoned very well it wasn't over saturated with teriyaki sauce, the white rice (I mean can you really go wrong with rice?), and the black beans (which are my favorite kind of beans) where good as well. On the side of my bowl there is a little garnish of salsa and lettuce, I threw that in the mix and there was a lot of flavor going on in that bowl. I was in heaven, the total was $8.77 which isn't bad and I was very pleased and full. While eating alone, I really started to put my brain to work thinking of all the things I have experienced in life up to this point and I have to say I am truly blessed and thankful. Dinner was very short; I mean there wasn't really much for me to talk about by myself HAHAHA! "Wahoo's" also serves beer and wine, wine is sold by the glass or by the bottle and the beer selections are quite awesome sold by the bottle or by the pitcher. I would definitely suggest you get familiar with "Wahoo's" it’s a cute place for an inexpensive date, family outing or to grab some food to go. If you would like to become a "Wednesday Dinner" pirate drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this “Expectation is a set up for disappointment" until next week peace, happiness and love-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment