Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wednesday Dinner 7/22/09












This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was suppose to be with my mommy!!! My mom has been interested and seeing what this "Wednesday Dinner" is all about, since I changed it up on my end so I decided to take her out to eat. My mom isn't very picky with the food she likes, but when she finds a place she likes she'll wear it out!!! She's very simple with her food choices: Mexican, steak & potatoes and basically that's it. She had been wanting to go to Applebee's since she has been seeing all the adds on tv, so I figured that would work. But like last week, on Tuesday I came home and my whole plan was thrown off. I noticed we had coupons for Black Angus in the mail, so I figured I would give my mom the option to choose either Applebee's or Black Angus for some reason she couldn't decide so she left the choice up to me. So I put some factors into consideration, as far as traffic and the menu options. I decided to roll with Black Angus (http://www.blackangus.com/), I haven't been there in a year and I don't know the last time my mom had been. So when I got home I was ready to spend some good old quality time with my mommy and come to find out she invited Shelby (LOL). I told my mom she can't invite other people when she's been invited somewhere! Just kidding, I love Shelby and she's always welcome. So to Black Angus we went. As soon as we got there we were seated, the restaurant was kind of full but not crowded which I can always appreciate when eating out. Our waitress came right out took our drink orders brought us some bread and we began "Wednesday Dinner"! I am not really a steak person, but I was like hey when in Rome do as the Romans. I had a coupon for what was called a Summer Trio and my mom and Shelby noticed what they wanted right away, which is another thing I can appreciate when eating out (I don't like waiting for someone to figure out what they want to eat). So here is what we ate:

Ashley- Summer Trio (half slab of baby back ribs, 8oz steak-well done, grilled shrimp, loaded baked potato, creamed spinach and a slice of watermelon
Mommy- Wednesday Prim Mud ( prim rib, green beans, mashed potatoes and a slice of mud pie)
Shelby- Wagon Wheel Sampler Platter (fried zucchini, buffalo chicken strips, loaded potato skins and shrimp cocktail)
Along with out drinks I spent a grand total of $ 56.10

I noticed that even with out the coupon Black Angus also has very recession friendly prices. What my mom ordered was a Wednesday Special and was only $14.99, which was amazing for the amount of food she got and it also included desert. My food was also $14.99 and I got a lot of food also, and so did Shelby. I will guess that my dinner came with a slice of watermelon because it was called the Summer trio and not because I'm black and I like watermelon (LOL). I know watermelon is a summer fruit and it was fitting to the name of what I got. Every ones meal averaged out to about $15.00 per person which is a deal to me! During dinner we talked about so many things ( I wish Melissa could've been there with us). We talked about our grandparents, Shelbygetting a job, work, family, funny memories and the topic of the night was Shelby wanting to get another tattoo. This girl is going to run my mother low with wanting to get another tattoo!! My mom let Shelby get her 1st tattoo in February of this year and since then Shelby just wants more! Personally I'm on the fence with this one and I will not give my input because it is totally up to my mother and father to make the decision on this one. I was extremely surprised at how much I enjoyed my dinner last night, I had no complaints and neither did my mom or Shelby. My meal was absolutely delicious, which was surprising to me because the last time I was there I wasn't to impressed. The only thing I didn't really care for was the desert, along with my mom's meal she got a slice of mud pie. We all decided to share the slice of pie since it was clearly a huge slice and I know she wasn't going to be able to finish it on her own. So Shelby and I helped her out, the concept of mud pie is cool I guess but it had way to many nuts in it for my taste. But hey no major complaints since my moms entire meal was $15.00, dinner was good and I enjoy spending time with my mom and my sister. As I have mentioned previously I cherish the time with my family, more so with Shelby now that she is getting older and will be going to college soon. My mom also because its rare she'll come out to eat, she's more of a order her food and bring it back home type person. All in all the night was great, and I hope my mom and Shelby enjoyed themselves too. If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" list or have any suggestions, drop me a line ashleymarie729@gmail.com. In closing I would like to talk about Family. You can't pick your family, but you can pick what type of relationship you have with them. Family should always be your priority and nothing should come between that NOTHING! At the end of the day family will always be there for you no matter what. If you have a broken relationship with someone of someone(s) in your family, patch it up because life is to short to miss out on making memories. With that being said until next week Ciao! -Always, Ashley........

No comments:

Post a Comment