Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wednesday Dinner 7/29/09











It seemed like last week was so long ago, or maybe its just me. This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was extremely special because it was my Birthday (WOOOOHOOOO). I decided I would go to dinner with just my family (my parents and my sisters, however my sister Melissa decided to bring her boyfriend LOL. He's part of the family just the same so it was fine. I had been craving Benihana's since the last time I was there, which I think was in April. So off to Benihana(http://www.benihana.com/) we went for "Wednesday Dinner". I was so glad that there was just enough of us where we didn't have to share the table with anyone :-). Since this week's dinner was all about me, I'll only get into the details of what I ate and here it is:

Las Vegas Roll
Benihana Delight

OMG my meal was DELISH! I appreciate the fact that all the food is still hot after all the cooking and entertaining was done. If you've never experienced Benihana please take a trip there! Benihana is a place that does the Teppanyaki Table right in front of you, you have a Chef come over and prepare your meal right in front of you. To add to your experience the Chef will do amazing things while preparing your food, kind of like a food magic show except nothing disappears. My family is so funny when we all get together, we talked and laughed the entire time. Of course the conversation was short because we were all being entertained by our Chef Cecilo. He was amazing and very nice, he also took a picture with me (how nice was that). Overall this was a wonderful "Wednesday Dinner" for the following reasons: it was my Birthday, I was with my family & the food was excellent. My apologies on this blog being a little short but this is one of the ones that is extremely close to my heart and there really aren't many words to describe how great I felt yesterday and the wonderful time I had. If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" ban wagon or have any restaurant suggestions hit me ashleymarie729@gmail.com. In closing I would like to talk about me for just a minute since this week's dinner was truly mine. The end of last year and the beginning of this year where extremely hard for me, I had been through and was going through a lot. I have learned a lot over the past year and have grown up a lot and I'm still growing. The lessons learned where hard but well needed and know I can move forward and not make the same mistakes twice. I have learned that certain people come and go for many reasons and it' not our place to question it, it's God's way of showing us something we refused to see on our own. I am taking a lot of chances of myself and putting all my faith and trust in God because I know if I follow his word what he has in store for me will be. I've noticed as I began to change and become better and happier my circle of friends became smaller, which I am totally ok with. The one thing I am not ok with is people talking bad about me or saying things that aren't true, but I can not control what anyone else does or says. So with that being said, I want to thank all of your for your support and positivity (ya'll know who ya'll are). I have plenty more of wonderful things I am working on and they will be good so stay tuned. I'd like to quote Coco Chanel "A girl should be two things; classy and fabulous" which I totally am! Until next week just let your soul glow. -Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment