Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 3/31/10

Good Morning my loves and Happy Thursday!!!!!! Oh yeah and Happy April Fool's Day!!! And so we have made it through another week and it’s the end of the 1st quarter of 2010. Hopefully you all are on track with your 2010 goals and are moving forward in your lives. This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was a solo mission; it was a table for 1. I came across this coupon book at work and was surfing through it and came across quite a few restaurants and thought I should try some of these out. I had coupons for "Dukes" http://www.dukeswesthollywood.com/, so I decided to go there. This worked out perfectly, since it was just me I didn't have to wait for anyone and I could just go straight from work. I didn't realize how close "Dukes" was to my job, it took me all of 5 minutes to get there. I was super excited to try somewhere I haven't been and I haven't heard much about. "Dukes" is located on Sunset right in the heart of Weho, Weho is a place I don't frequent do to the over crowding of weirdo's. Parking is located directly behind "Dukes" but it’s a little strange because it seemed like everyone was double parked and there was no parking attendant there. Walking in I felt kind a strange since this would be my 1st time having dinner alone, but after I noticed that there was another person sitting alone I felt better. "Dukes" is a nice size and could fit 40 people in there easily; it has the feel of a diner. With the colors brown and orange I kind of felt like I was at Hooters, it wasn't very crowded but while I was there a few more people arrived. I ordered lemonade to drink because I don't really drink soda and then it was time for me to review the menu. With breakfast being served all day and so many choices, I was a little torn. I felt like a burger, then I felt like a sandwich, and then I felt like getting a hot entree. So I finally I decided to order and here is what I had:


Burger Patty Melt- 1/2 lb. burger, grilled onions, mushrooms, swiss cheese, thousand island dressing

I noticed I have been eating a lot of beef lately so I decided to switch it up and get a turkey patty instead. The patty melt was served on sourdough bread, accompanied by french fries. When my food was brought out it was super PIPING hot, it was actually to hot. By the time the sandwich cooled down I was full and almost finished. The french fries were average with no seasoning. The patty melt was good the only issue I had was that the sourdough bread was a little to hard, but the combination of mushrooms, swiss cheese, and thousand island dressing was good. If the bread would have been a little softer and if it wasn't so hard it would have been the perfect patty melt. All in all dinner was good, but for some reason I think "Dukes" is probably known for their breakfast. I was unable to use my coupon because I didn't read the small print, my coupon was only valid from 6pm-2am, but I wasn't tripping my meal was only $12.29. Even though I am not a believer in tips I tipped the waiter $3.00 which brought my total to $15.29, the service wasn't bad and it wasn't exceptionally good it was average. I will go back to "Dukes" and I will definitely try breakfast. If you would like to ride the "Wednesday Dinner" rollercoaster drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com, and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "One day your life will flash before your eyes...make sure its worth watching". Until next week, keep it pimpin. Ashley.

No comments:

Post a Comment