Thursday, April 15, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 4/14/10

 Good Morning and Happy Thursday!!!!! Be thankful that we are here and have made it to see yet another day and another weekend. This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was HORRIBLE! So let the "Wednesday Dinner" story begin. This week I changed my plans around (for what I don't know); I should have followed my first mind. Earlier this week my cousin Chanel mentioned to me that I should try the "Gumbo Grill" formally known as the "Gumbo Shack". The "Gumbo Shack" was located on Market Street in Inglewood and in my opinion was one of Inglewood’s best kept secret. The "Gumbo Shack" had this amazing Shrimp Po Boy sandwich and delicious Red Kool Aid! It was low-key the kind of place you could go and eat with your significant other, meet with the girls, have a family dinner or order take out. From what I heard the "Gumbo Grill" bought the "Gumbo Shack" and made some major changes. I met Stephanie there for dinner last night and I was highly disappointed. The "Gumbo Grill" is located on Prairie still in Inglewood, however the parking lot is small and the decor in the "Gumbo Grill" is not what I expected. Bar stools all around and then a small table right under the stair way (HUH???). The cashier appeared to be all over the place and didn't really know what was what. The place was EMPTY! It was just Stephanie and I for dinner in there. The menu was pretty much the same from what I remember the "Gumbo Shack" serving; however I noticed a few things that had been added. My fist thought was to order a Shrimp Po Boy (stick to what you know Ash) but then I remembered Chanel telling me to try the Tacos (why did I listen to her!). Stephanie and I really couldn't decided, Stephanie asked to sample the Gumbo. I stay away from anyone’s Gumbo except for my Grandfathers (he make THEE BEST GUMBO EVER). So after about 5-10 minutes of looking at the menu here is what we ordered:


Ashley- 1 Turkey Taco, 1 Fried Shrimp Taco, French Fries & Red Kool Aid
Stephanie- 1 Turkey Taco, 1 Grilled Shrimp Taco, French Fries & Red Kool Aid

It took about 10-15 minutes for our food to come out and when it did it looked very appetizing but it wasn't, all the food had a funny and gross after taste to it. It took another 10 minutes for the french fries to come out, which was all bad because I was already done with one of my taco's buy then. I was already irritated because my kool aid was cold and we had to ask for more ice. The concept of these tacos is great however the taste not so much. The turkey was season very well but it was a turkey burger patty??? That’s a FAIL! Ground the damn turkey and put it in my taco don’t cut a burger patty in half and serve it to me in a taco! The shrimp was also seasoned great but cocktail sauce and cheese on a taco is just WRONG! Stephanie got her shrimp grilled and no cheese on her taco and didn't like the cocktail sauce either. The food isn't that expensive, for both of us the total was about $18.00 which isn't bad but the food wasn't good! Over dinner Stephanie & I talked about our foolishness that we will be creating this summer. The owner of the "Gumbo Grill" was shamelessly trying to hit on Stephanie by offering her a job (OH WOW). All in all the food was horrible and I will NOT be going back there again! I seriously need to find out why the "Gumbo Shack" sold their business. If you would like to get in the "Wednesday Dinner" both drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "Love the life you live and live the life you love. Until next week -Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment