Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 4/21/10

Good Morning my loves!!!!!!!! Hope all is well; I am in a little bit of pain. My wisdom tooth is giving a lot of drama, so luckily today it is being pulled. But on a lighter note, yesterdays "Wednesday Dinner" was wonderful!!!!!!! Yesterday I met up with my sisters (Melissa and Shelby) at MILK http://www.themilkshop.com/, MILK is located on the corner of Beverly and Poinsettia in LA. It is your modern day Ice Cream Parlor and for me it was love at first sight. Ever since I can remember ice cream has been one of my favorite things, as a kid Blue Bubble Gum ice cream was my favorite. I remember having one of my birthdays in an ice cream parlor. I had been hearing about MILK for quite a while but never made my way down there so yesterday was my first time there. The weather yesterday was not your typical ice cream day but if you know me I will eat ice cream in any weather. Meeting with my sisters is always great and I really cherish the time that we spend together now more than ever because Shelby will be going off to college soon. As soon as I walked into MILK I fell in love with everything from cakes to cookies, ice cream to ice cream sandwiches, salads to soups what more could a girl ask for. Its very sheik and modern with great customer service, the only thing I didn't like was that a lot of the treats were open, as in just sitting out and no really covered but hey that’s just how I feel. I decided I would get something to eat and then go HAM on dessert and that was exactly what I did. Shelby and I decided we would share something to eat and here is what we ate:


Crispy Skin 1/2 Chicken- served with bacon, scallions, sour cream, mashed potatoes, string beans and dijon mustard sauce

It took all of 10 minutes for the food to come out and when it came out it was piping hot and it looked sooooooo good! Shelby and I split the meal right down the middle and it was just enough for the both of us. The chicken was juicy, a little crispy and well seasoned, the mashed potatoes where great and the green beans where on point as well. It was the perfect combination and really hit the spot, Shelby was pleased as well. I ordered an Arnold Palmer to drink and I have to say that was one of the best Arnold Palmers I've had in a long time. My sisters are hilarious!! I love spending time with them. Over dinner we just joked and it really makes me appreciate the relationship my sisters and I have. After we ate of course there was plenty of room for dessert, here is what we ordered:

Red Velvet Mini Cupcakes
Coffee Toffee Crunch Shake- coffee ice cream with toffee crunch and espresso
The Blondie- A white chocolate blondie with vanilla ice cream, butterscotch and a pecan praline
Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bar


Ok so I was already in love with MILK but after ordering these desserts I was deeply in love! The mini red velvet cupcakes were good (Melissa makes way better ones tho). Now it was time for The Blondie, OMG this sundae was big enough for all 3 of us, the blondie was at the bottom and topped with vanilla ice cream, whip cream, pralines, carmel sauce and and 2 cherries. All 3 of use finished that sundae and it was DELISH. Shelby got the Coffee Toffee Crunch Shake, I didn't taste it Melissa did and I think Melissa liked it. Then I ordered the Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bar to go (I ate it when I got home and it was DELISH). I love MILK because the make all of their own ice cream treats (ice cream bars, ice cream sandwiches, bon bons, cupcakes, cakes, etc.). This is my new favorite dessert place, I will definetly be going back. The grand total for everything was $36.07 which in my opinion was not bad because I wasn't disappointed I was extremely happy and satisfied! If you haven’t been to MILK get there and get familiar!!!! If you would like to get on the "Wednesday Dinner" playlist drop me a line wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "Judge me and you'll have no room left to love me". Until next week it’s all love- Ashley M.

No comments:

Post a Comment