Thursday, April 29, 2010

Wednesday Dinner 4/28/10

Good Morning Dolls and welcome to another ending of the week and yes we have made it. I hope that you all are feeling refreshed and moving in the right direction in your lives. This weeks "Wednesday Dinner" was a funny one, I hooked up with my good friend Justin (What up boy!). Justin and I haven't been to dinner since July of last year (http://wednesdaydinnerwithash.blogspot.com/2009/07/wednesday-dinner-71509.html), although we talk often we haven't done a "Wednesday Dinner" in a while. Its always good seeing Justin because he keeps me entertained and what I mean by that is he really is a character with the things he says. When Justin and I had dinner last year it was at what I like to call a "hole in the wall" and yesterday we repeated that. I had been craving one of my favorite places and I just needed to get there by any means necessary. "Mario's Peruvian" on Melrose, "Mario's" doesn't have a website but they have a Yelp link (http://www.yelp.com/biz/marios-peruvian-and-seafood-los-angeles). "Mario's" is located on Melrose and Rossmore and is not a fancy place; with about 15 tables and 2 waitresses this place is always packed. You have to seat yourself and try your hardest to get the attention of your waitress. Justin arrived 5 minutes after I did which wasn't bad because everyone knows I hate waiting on people. Before you order at "Mario's" they bring out homemade bread and it is soooooo warm, soft and yummy, served with butter this is a good look. Since Justin hadn't been to "Mario's" before I took the task of ordering, I figured we could share because I was hungry but I wasn't HUNGRY. So here is what we had:

#34. Chicharron De Calamares- Deep fried squid, served with onion salsa and tartar sauce
#20. Saltado De Pollo- Chunks of chicken sautéed with onions, tomatoes, and french fried potatoes. Served with lightly seasoned rice

Here is a link for their menu (http://www.sporq.com/losangeles/mariosperuvianrestaurant/5786melroseave)



Before the food came out Justin and I were just shooting the shit about life and then we got on his love life (OOOOOHHHH BOY) and this is when the laughter started. Justin and I have a great friendship and we are always giving each other advice, let me rephrase that I am always giving Justin advice. Justin shared with me details of this girl he's been seeing for about a month and how things have kind of moved too fast, of course I gave my input and then that's when it started to get interesting. For Justin's sake this girl will remain nameless (HAHAHAHA) but I will say that men have a funny way at looking at situations. Justin expressed that in his world he would like to have one main chick and still be open to date other chicks. WOW that might work if both parties are on the same page, but in real life situations like that only complicate things. So now it was time to eat, when the food came out it was hot and I was ready to dig in!!! The Saltado De Pollo was DELISH!!! Chicken, tomatoes, onions, french fries, and rice it seems weird but it’s a perfect combination and taste soooooooooo GOOD! I was checking on Justin to make sure he liked the food and he did, then the Chicharron De Calamares was sooo good too! I love fried calamari its one of my favorite things and we were both pleased with what I picked. What I ordered was just enough for the both of us because I was FULL after. There wasn't any calamari left when we were done eating and there was just a little bit of the chicken left. So back to the conversation Justin and I were having, I explained to him how women are emotional and often times we can not separate sex from emotion and then we starting talking about my summer conversation group "Summer of the Sexes" (coming soon"). Justin gave me his feedback on my summer project and I want to thank him for that. All in all dinner was great; the total for everything was $26.07 which wasn't bad. Justin, thanks again for coming out, I had a good time!! If you would like to go on a "Wednesday Dinner" hike drop me a line at wednesdaydinnerwithash@yahoo.com and follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/wednesdaydinner. In closing I would like to leave you with this "Be quick to listen and slow to speak", until next week xoxoxoxxox- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment